SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday vs USD

Nodak78

3 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Hmm...tell me how you really feel. 41-10. At least it was closer than yesterday!

Look John Boy Walton, you are wearing out your welcome here. If your entire purpose is to jab people, then please get lost and stay lost. :angry:

After yesterday, I have ZERO patience for bullcrap today. Z-E-R-O.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, BigGame said:

So... why do I not see a bunch of comments ripping into Coach Schmidt?  I only ask because it seems only fair for the Coach bashers to be jumping on because the defense was really terrible yesterday.  We all know it must be his fault when the players blow an assignment or tackle poorly.   Rudolph gets that type of criticism daily on this board but I guess some coaches are bulletproof and some are not.  

I only got to watch half of the game due to my daughters hockey schedule but what I watched was truly embarrassing.  It has been a while since I have watched a UND team play so poorly and make so many dumb mistakes. 

I think after yesterday you see a bunch of comments about the team.  This team was not ready to play.  The coaches were out schemed.  And when the players were in the right spots they didn't finish.  

Schmidt needs to find some way to play with what he has if this is a team that finishes better than .500 in conference.  

52 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

:lol:  THAT'S what you're hanging your hat on today for?  A win over Boston College?

Gotta take what I can get... as a Michigan fan... I'm sure you understand. 

49 minutes ago, Westside said:

Were you sitting in your boy VMeister's seats at last years USD-UND game by chance? 

No sir. 

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Look John Boy Walton, you are wearing out your welcome here. If your entire purpose is to jab people, then please get lost and stay lost. :angry:

This is exactly what he is trying to accomplish.

4 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Cheating football and cow !@#$ ... at least you have that going for ya.

Own the Farm - UND

I know that comment makes you feel better but seriously. What are the odds that  UND grads own more farm ranches than NDSU grads? Seriously?

14 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

hey I'm a Millennial, I resent that* :p

*well not really, I get annoyed as well so I say I relate to another generation

I hate to lug that guy in with any group of people. All generations have these types of people. 

3 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Look John Boy Walton, you are wearing out your welcome here. If your entire purpose is to jab people, then please get lost and stay lost:angry:

While do I have a feeling this was like him in his High School years, he thought he was buds with everybody and part of the group........but really they just wanted him to go away.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 77iceman said:

My advice is coaches n players just shouldn't even watch film from yesterday.

why?  What are they going to see that they didn't see already.?  The issues were glaring and obvious. Pick up your head, work on EVERYTHING and focus on preparing for the Cats.

Go Hawks

With the youth at LB I think there is plenty to learn

4 hours ago, Westside said:

Were you sitting in your boy VMeister's seats at last years USD-UND game by chance? 

Johnnie sat with me a couple years back. Also ran in to him in the beer line at multiple other games. He pays attention...he just doesn't care. 

I dont mind smart-ass youngsters. 

35 minutes ago, VMeister said:

Johnnie sat with me a couple years back. Also ran in to him in the beer line at multiple other games. He pays attention...he just doesn't care. 

I get it. Sometimes well timed sarcasm can get lost in print. He also is admittedly on here to annoy us. I've never met anyone on here but sometimes I wonder what they're like in person. 

1 hour ago, VMeister said:

No worries. There was a younger guy in the front row of your section at last years UND-USD game that gave equal parts $h*t to both USD & UND. Fit ol' Johnboy's M.O. perfectly. 

I guess we will see what happens in Big Sky play. We played UTAH who has a very good defense, Missouri State who is a bad team but they do focus on stopping the run and USD who is either very improved at stopping the run or we are in trouble.

If our offensive line isn't able to control the line of scrimmage and get to the 2nd level with blocks it might be time to go to more 3 wide receiver sets and use Cloyd or a 4th receiver split off the line as well. Spread the defense out a bit and still have a primary focus of running the ball but make teams spread out their defense and not be able to stack 8 and 9 in the box. Throw some quick passes and bubble screens and use Keaton's running abilities again as well.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, petey23 said:

I guess we will see what happens in Big Sky play. We played UTAH who has a very good defense, Missouri State who is a bad team but they do focus on stopping the run and USD who is either very improved at stopping the run or we are in trouble.

If our offensive line isn't able to control the line of scrimmage and get to the 2nd level with blocks it might be time to go to more 3 wide receiver sets and use Cloyd or a 4th receiver split off the line as well. Spread the defense out a bit and still have a primary focus of running the ball but make teams spread out their defense and not be able to stack 8 and 9 in the box. Throw some quick passes and bubble screens and use Keaton's running abilities again as well.

This is a great idea and is football common sense.  Not a chance Rudolph uses it.

• Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, Irish said:

This is a great idea and is football common sense.  Not a chance Rudolph uses it.

In the Big Sky we will likely be able to run on some of those teams, but we need to have a plan when we are playing a strong front and we cannot run.......but we don't have a plan for that apparently.

5 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

In the Big Sky we will likely be able to run on some of those teams, but we need to have a plan when we are playing a strong front and we cannot run.......but we don't have a plan for that apparently.

..........so you're saying UND is in trouble as we move to the MVC starting next season?

10 hours ago, BigGame said:

So... why do I not see a bunch of comments ripping into Coach Schmidt?  I only ask because it seems only fair for the Coach bashers to be jumping on because the defense was really terrible yesterday.  We all know it must be his fault when the players blow an assignment or tackle poorly.   Rudolph gets that type of criticism daily on this board but I guess some coaches are bulletproof and some are not.  

I only got to watch half of the game due to my daughters hockey schedule but what I watched was truly embarrassing.  It has been a while since I have watched a UND team play so poorly and make so many dumb mistakes. 

Everyone on that bus ride Saturday should deserves criticism.....although Santiago sounded like he was the only one with a care.

Big difference between Schmitty and Rudolph.

Schmitty is competent and knows his $#%^.  UNDs D has been the backbone to UNDs success since the bubba hire.  Not always perfect but incredibly improved since muss days. Injuries/defections at one position (ILB) have taken a massive toll this year.  USD exposed that weakness. 

Rudolph on the other hand, is busy in the press box trying to catch Pokémons since his hire.  

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

..........so you're saying UND is in trouble as we move to the MVC starting next season?

A little trouble yes, unless the younger OL are actually really good and we end up having a better line next year.  We will still win games, we aren't as bad as Saturday's game made us look in my opinion but our OL has a ways to go to get to where we want to be if we are going to have a smash mouth offense and try to run it down your throat.