SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday vs USD

Nodak78

27 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

I feel like punching you in the face.

At least somebody with a UND logo thinks their tough. It certainly isn't the soft as baby !@#$ football team. How fn embarrassing und goes out and gets beat up by those clowns yesterdsy.  And here I thought und football was actually turning the corner.

10 hours ago, bincitysioux said:

I've been a season ticket holder for 14 years and been to one or two away games each year.  This was the first time we left a game early in all that time.  And that included some awful games in the Mussman and early Bubba years.  Very disappointing.......

Beyond disappointing. I'm still in utter shock. This is the kind of performance where someone - either player or coach - loses a job, if you want UND football to be taken seriously. To justify yesterday's loss is completely pointless. UND didn't show up (to the point of the coaches and/or players giving up and not caring) and something MUST BE CHANGED. Figure it out Bubba. This was South Dakota - we handled a PAC-12 Utah far better ... 

Lets get to the Montana State game and get this bad taste out of our mouth. This is a desperate must-win and Bubba needs to get his squad right, fast. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

We would not win a game against any team playing like we did yesterday.  Something is definitely wrong with preparation, motivation and we need some guys back.

To USD's credit, they looked like they were coming out to play a huge game with playoff implications vs a long-time rival and UND looked like they were coming out for the first practice of fall camp where it starts to feel like a grind.

Yeah, I agree with all of this; it's awful and something has to change. UND flat out embarrassed themselves, including the supporters, yesterday. No UNDproud after this one - horrible. 

9 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

The game when the Bison O-line were literally tackling our linebackers under the context of 'cut blocks'?  It's the only time Lennon complained about officiating.  UND sent the film in to get reviewed.  It was a total collapse of rules.  People often wonder how we shut NDSU down 2 weeks prior, then couldn't stop their run......now you know.  It was cheap, dirty, disgusting, and they got away with it.

I vaguely remember the game. It was fucking cold. They made some first half adjustments on defense and offense. I agree they took our lb's out of it. You would know better than I on how they did that. If I remember right we were up 10-0 in that game. We stayed til the end of the game that day and I'll stay til the end of every game UND plays no matter the outcome. 

38 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Hmm...tell me how you really feel. 41-10. At least it was closer than yesterday!

How about you Johnboy? How much of a fair weather fan are you? 

Just now, UND-FB-FAN said:

Cheating football and cow !@#$ ... at least you have that going for ya.

Own the Farm - UND

The only thing UND owns right now is a 38 point loss to USD.  Judging by how they pay the football coach, they'd have trouble owning a garden...much less a farm.

Also lol @ anyone blaming officials for a 30+ point loss. 

Just now, JohnboyND7 said:

The only thing UND owns right now is a 38 point loss to USD.  Judging by how they pay the football coach, they'd have trouble owning a garden...much less a farm.

Also lol @ anyone blaming officials for a 30+ point loss. 

Keep living in fantasy land. Whatever makes you sleep at night. 

The IQ level around NDSU gets lower every year. 

Hoping the score on the front page which reads UND 45, USD 7 is correct, and I had a dream of riding a bus yesterday from 6am to midnight, interrupted only by the worst game I have seen UND play in a few years. Tell me the latter was really a bad dream.

15 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Keep living in fantasy land. Whatever makes you sleep at night. 

The IQ level around NDSU gets lower every year. 

I'm not living in a fantasy land.  Notre Dame beat BC yesterday by many scores...and UND lost to USD by 38.  #Facts

10 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I'm not living in a fantasy land.  Notre Dame beat BC yesterday by many scores...and UND lost to USD by 38.  #Facts

Nice deflection. Don't include hypotheticals or subjective guesses if you want to preach facts. 

Good luck with your Notre Dame, NDSU, and other random, chaotic followings. 

2 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Nice deflection. Don't include hypotheticals or subjective guesses if you want to preach facts. 

Good luck with your Norte Dame, NDSU, and other random, chaotic followings. 

I don't recall including hypotheticals or subjective guesses or deflecting.  

Gave a guy some grief for beating NDSU 20+ years ago...and following up by getting bent over by the same team a short time later.  He blamed officiating. #Facts.

Gave you guys a little grief about getting stomped by USD by 38.  #Fact

My fav team won yesterday in a rivalry game against their little brother.  #Fact

I don't really cheer for NDSU.  I go for the tailgating and leave when others are going inside.

6 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I don't recall including hypotheticals or subjective guesses or deflecting.  

Gave a guy some grief for beating NDSU 20+ years ago...and following up by getting bent over by the same team a short time later.  He blamed officiating. #Facts.

Gave you guys a little grief about getting stomped by USD by 38.  #Fact

My fav team won yesterday in a rivalry game against their little brother.  #Fact

I don't really cheer for NDSU.  I go for the tailgating and leave when others are going inside.

Why in the hell do you come on here then? Not a Bison fan or Sioux fan. What's the connection? 

• Upvote 2

After sleeping on this one, and reading through all the comments I think the following are true:

• The way UND played was completely unacceptable and incredibly disappointing. I also don't think UND could have played any worse. Blame is shared by everyone, nobody was ready.
  • This will be a black eye when it comes to any potential seeding (putting the cart way before the horse)
  • This was a complete failure in one game --- that being said, we have not only two games this year as reference, but also the last two years to know that this was aberation, not the normal. This one game doesn't tarnish what Bubba has built and won't affect anything going forward. A lot of teams (not all), even good teams lay an egg throughout the season. 
  • It's definitely gut check time, but they start the Big Sky schedule 1-2, same as last year, but in better position this year --- injuries are pilling up this year, more than any before and it'll be tougher, but everything the team and it's fans want are still very much within reach

This UND team is better than last years version, injuries in key positions are throwing guys into the fire, but I think moving forward will be a blessing. If the young guys (OL, ILBs) can improve and hold their own moving forward, it will pay dividends in the upcoming years. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, F'n Hawks said:

Fieldler has dissapointed so far this year. IMO he shouldn't play as much as he is, is it beacause we don't have other TE's that have experience and that he is a senior? 

IMHO they do not utilize TE's in the Midwest like out East so they do not get enough reps at practice.

3 minutes ago, Finn flick said:

IMHO they do not utilize TE's in the Midwest like out East so they do not get enough reps at practice.

I understand that but he had the false start that killed the first drive, he did not block very well. Same with everyone, I didn't see the effort this team needs to be successful