SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday vs USD

Nodak78

5 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I suspect we will see Dosterhaupt shadow Strevler all game. Jake can run with him and is tough enough to take him down 1 on 1. This will be a game of  chess. They won't say it but this is a skin game for the two HCs who hail from UMD.

I'm going to nit pick you a little bit and I apologize for it in advance. Bubba coached at Duluth he hails from NORTH DAKOTA. I couldn't resist sorry. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bang said:

I'm going to nit pick you a little bit and I apologize for it in advance. Bubba coached at Duluth he hails from NORTH DAKOTA. I couldn't resist sorry. 

UMD is the only reason there is an extra story line.  They each probably have a chip on their shoulder about it that they won't tell anyone about 

Just now, geaux_sioux said:

UMD is the only reason there is an extra story line.  They each probably have a chip on their shoulder about it that they won't tell anyone about 

I agree that's the connection. I have no proof but I also agree these two coaches don't like each other from the stint at Duluth. I just love the fact we have a North Dakotan as our head coach. It's somewhat special situation I love to point out to people. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Why would nielsen dislike bubba? Bubba spoon fed him title teams with recruiting he did

2 minutes ago, old school said:

I was wondering the same thing.  Bubba lined him out to win 2 D2 nationals championships

Nielsen was the coach of Duluth before and after Bubba's era at Duluth and held a athletic administrative position during his term. Those are the facts. The one area I have no credible first hand knowledge of is that Boob was unsupportive of Bubba while the head coach of Duluth. I had also heard rumors that he had a lot to do with Bubba leaving.