SiouxSports.com Forum

USD Predictions

UND Fan

Limit explosive plays! 

Streveler will get his yards but UND needs to not over pursue on play actions.  He runs that system perfectly.   Streveler also seems to take full advantage when the pocket collapses and he has one on one.....up the middle or the edge.  Very talented.....big, fast and slippery.  

These usd games are always close 

Und 34-32 

UND 31 USD 21

Schmitty is in Streveler's head and so is our defense.  I am glad they beat Bowling Green, as it seems to have their fan base as overconfident as ever.  61-29-5 and they are talking like we can't hold their jock straps.  I hope UND absolutely crushes Streveler all day. Please pack their house in green and neutralize that aspect of the game!  I will be cheering from AZ... Go UND!

• Upvote 1

If UND effectively runs the ball and controls the time SD's offense is on the field then I think UND wins by a TD.  If the game opens up into a track meet then I think SD wins it.  SD will turn the ball over, gotta make them pay when they do it.    

UND 27

USD 20 

I never put my prediction on the board . . . and that's a good thing 'cause it seems I'm usually way off.

This week has to be the toughest to predict.  This has to be one of the most even matchups of the season.

I predict I have a great time AT the game!!!!  Vermillion is only about 40 minutes from my house.

51 minutes ago, 77iceman said:

I never put my prediction on the board . . . and that's a good thing 'cause it seems I'm usually way off.

This week has to be the toughest to predict.  This has to be one of the most even matchups of the season.

I predict I have a great time AT the game!!!!  Vermillion is only about 40 minutes from my house.

Maybe help the cause and pick USD? 

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 1:09 PM, gundy1124 said:

If you haven't listened to the Mid Co announcer, it's well worth it.  I hope he gets overlooked and does our games for years to come.  He had a 'Manitoba Moose is Loose' call last game.  It was awesome!!

If you are talking about the play-by-play guy, I disagree. He needs to work on a smooth delivery like that of Jack Michaels. OK, so I am in agreement that USD will not be ready for UND's offense. The final score will be UND 38, USD 27.

Since I live in Vermillion I'll point out that if you are interested in music, make time to go visit the National Music Museum. The Missouri River National recreational river can be viewed by taking the bridge over to the Nebraska side or at Clay County Park. For a pre or post game get together you might try the Dakota Brick House which is downtown. They have bourbon-barrel ale which is quite good.

1 hour ago, TBR said:

If you are talking about the play-by-play guy, I disagree. He needs to work on a smooth delivery like that of Jack Michaels. OK, so I am in agreement that USD will not be ready for UND's offense. The final score will be UND 38, USD 27.

I disagree with your disagreement.  Alex is great - he is exciting and puts in a lot of effort.  Jack Michaels might also be the worst interviewer that I have ever heard... every time he asks a question, he basically says an opinion with it, and asks the person if they agree, and they always say yest and elaborate.  Very predictable answers every time.  Guy is only on the air because of his deep voice.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, 77iceman said:

You're right.  My predictions are usually way of . . . so USD 27, UND 10

:D it's reverse psychology.  Double reverse psychology never works, though.

I like it! Due to superstition I never place a score prediction. I think it stems back to our 7-4 year and one really backfired on me.

15 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

Keaton isn't getting much love with all the talk about QB play.  I think he holds his own with the greater weapons.  Steveler's one man band hits a sour note.   31-20 good guys.

Streveler is as close to a one man show offensively as it gets. Need to contain his run and make him beat you with the pass.  He may be very capable of throwing the ball well but he prefers to make you look silly with his running ability which he does frequently.  Take away the duel threat status and make him one dimensional ! Unds LBs need to be as sound and disciplined as ever.   

GO UND!!!  

On 9/14/2017 at 4:08 PM, 77iceman said:

You're right.  My predictions are usually way of . . . so USD 27, UND 10

:D it's reverse psychology.  Double reverse psychology never works, though.

Nice call Iceman, 27-10 for USD was the closest, even if it wasn't too close with a pinch of reverse psychology.

Hats off to the Yotes.  I actually enjoy watching them, just not when they are kicking our butt.  They have a solid identity on offense, fast pace and good scheme, great QB, some decent RBs, workman like WRs that made plays, and lost their left tackle and didn't miss a beat on the O-line.  They stacked the box on D and stuffed us pretty good when we were overly predictable and their corners challenged and handled our receivers.  Their corners hold a lot but they have played like that for years.  They had Keaton on the run quite a bit and covered well for extended periods of time.  Overall, they beat us up pretty good and were gracious about it.  Their fanbase had the correct read on the game, and us.......not so much.

Great game Yotes. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1