SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC TV - Worth it?

best0186

I have had the service for 3 years now and I do it in Lieu of the sports package.  Away games are decent quality.  With 75 MBps speed its no trouble. 

You can also get post game interviews, highlight packages and rewatch lots of game so no DVR is no big deal.

CC used to have the worst broadcasts but they have improved in recent years as well. 

You will have to endure Bruce Ciscky calls during the UMD series though but mute helps. 

Are there any tech savvy people around that can walk me through the process on watching this on my Smart TV (Samsung). I have the Apple TV hook up and noticed that nchc.tv is now on Apple TV. Much appreciated. Excuse me now while I go use my rotary phone and attempt to press # when prompted!:D

20 hours ago, best0186 said:

Can anyone tell me the quality of NCHC TV Broadcasts? I'm trying to decide if it is a viable replacement to my midco service.

Thanks.

absolutely worth it, but I guess that depends on if you watch all the games. For me, I don't really miss any. With young kids, my Friday and Saturday nights are all spent at home anyway, so having the package is a no brainer for me. Slight delay, so I have to try to not open twitter, or I end up knowing a goal is coming ahead of time.

2 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Any idea on the price difference?  Single team cheaper than $95 early bird?

Good question, I was just on the site and it is set to auto bill me the $94 on 10/7. I was having a hard time figuring out how to cancel it and I also clicked on the single school pass and it did nothing. 

The single team price is the same as the Early Bird Special.  I went Early Bird just to have the option to watch other games.  Plus, single team package does not include the Frozen Faceoff quarterfinals.  

2017-18 NCHC.tv Pricing

• Early Bird Conference Annual Pass (Aug. 15 through Sept. 15) - $94.95
  • Conference Annual Pass (Sept. 16 and after) - $109.95
  • School-Specific Annual Pass - $94.95 (Available after Sept. 15)
  • Conference Monthly Pass - $26.95 (Available after Sept. 15)
  • School-Specific Monthly Pass - $19.95 (Available after Sept. 15)

Quality always seems to be okay when it's working. But, I remember several different times last year that I lost the feed for several minutes at a time and also remember losing the sound pretty often. I also didn't realize how many games it doesn't cover. I was pretty surprised that it only covers like 2/3 or 3/4 of the games. That was disappointing, so I'm not sure if I will get it again this year. 

2 minutes ago, George M. Bluth said:

The single team price is the same as the Early Bird Special.  I went Early Bird just to have the option to watch other games.  Plus, single team package does not include the Frozen Faceoff quarterfinals.  

2017-18 NCHC.tv Pricing

• Early Bird Conference Annual Pass (Aug. 15 through Sept. 15) - $94.95
  • Conference Annual Pass (Sept. 16 and after) - $109.95
  • School-Specific Annual Pass - $94.95 (Available after Sept. 15)
  • Conference Monthly Pass - $26.95 (Available after Sept. 15)
  • School-Specific Monthly Pass - $19.95 (Available after Sept. 15)

Thanks, so it appears it makes the most sense to simply auto renew my conference pass.

1 minute ago, UNDColorado said:

Thanks, so it appears it makes the most sense to simply auto renew my conference pass.

To be sure, you could reach out to them at nchctv@neulion.com.  They have been good at responding to my emails in the past.  I always get nervous they are going to overcharge me with the autopay.  Since your auto-renew date is after the Early Bird Special, it might be worth double checking.

• 1 month later...