SiouxSports.com Forum

59 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Ah yes, UND Football, with the beloved North Dakota boy head coach, the stout-defense-minded defensive coordinator, and the offensive coordinator who couldn't call anything but a dive over left guard on first down and whose offense never quite satisfied or was asked to just become "ball custodians" with a lead. 

I'm thinking about Lennon, Schweigert, and Mussman. 

Who were you? 

;) 

Actually, I think Mussman was very creative as offensive coordinator. As head coach, however, he was just offensive. ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist. :p

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

We all know the reasons (New O-Line, WR's), when UND played USD & Montana State (along with SBU & BGSU), they were terrible offensively. I can't blame peoples opinions on what they see, but it definitely gets frustrating when we know they improved immensely throughout the year (wasn't hard, since they were that bad the first 4 weeks).

I think this years offense is much better then where they were last year, at the end, which would put them not even in the same category to where they were the first 4 weeks.

The big question we'll need to find out over the next couple of days is how are Larson / Hunt. They need one of the two this weekend.  

8 minutes ago, AJS said:

We all know the reasons (New O-Line, WR's), when UND played USD & Montana State (along with SBU & BGSU), they were terrible offensively. I can't blame peoples opinions on what they see, but it definitely gets frustrating when we know they improved immensely throughout the year (wasn't hard, since they were that bad the first 4 weeks).

I think this years offense is much better then where they were last year, at the end, which would put them not even in the same category to where they were the first 4 weeks.

The big question we'll need to find out over the next couple of days is how are Larson / Hunt. They need one of the two this weekend.  

My thoughts exactly, we didn't play good football until week 5. 

On 9/10/2017 at 8:42 PM, Longtime fan said:

UNDs talent on offense won it. Namely Brady.  Brady literally ran through people yesterday. Unbelievable runs from that young man. That wasn't Rudolph that's all Brady!! If Brady wasn't playing this would of been a closer game then what it was.  Nobody can arm tackle him ....he was a man on a mission! Santiago was sent up the same holes.....he didn't fair well.  JJ had one beautiful run but not much else on his other 9 carries. They stacked the box pretty hard.....hmmmm weird.  Missouri st, with all due respect, is really bad! Bad!  Very likely they will not win a game this year.  When it's apples to apples talent Rudolph will lose. Missouri st isnt an apple  

USDs D is getting better but it's the offense that makes them go.  UND should do ok Saturday offensively, even with the massive road block that is Rudolph.  Their is a football buzz going on in vermillion...and they want revenge from last years loss.  Home crowd should be amped!!  NEED TO CONTAIN STREVELER!!! Hell of an athlete and very slippery.  Big boy.  UNDs D will have its hands full  

Ive given up with saying UND needs to use their TEs because that will never happen. Very difficult to fit them in the offensive scheme I guess.  So here's to Santiago up the middle first play. 

Wonder if it would be extremely difficult to send Santiago out wide with MOOSE in the backfield to start a game.  I would assume it would be.  But come out with a three wr set with wanzek on one side and izzy and Santiago on the other side.  USD would sh&$ their pants.  have Keaton stare/look at Santiago for a screen toss only to find wanzek with all green around him on the opposite side. If it worked ...great!!! If it didn't ....well maybe at least USD would have to loosen a tad on stacking the line.  Then MOOSE TIME!!!!

Think there will be wrinkles in the USD game that weren't shown to Utah and Mo St. As the thread implies, the USD game has major playoff placement implications, that Utah and Mo St didn't have.  Think Bubba and crew knew they would handle Mo St with a relatively straight game plan.  The Utah game was just to get the basic game plans down, not to show wrinkles.