SiouxSports.com Forum

Injuries

Longtime fan

Donnells injury is massive.  Hope it isn't to bad.  With him out UND essentially starts three DL , two cbs and 6 safeties ( based on size).   The four starting LB crew bounce around 200 lbs.

Before the season started UND lost three high impact players:

MLB- Connor-(retired) sen- the qb of the D

CB-Deion- all American - sen- out for year 

OT- Elijah- (quit/ non injury) had potential to be unds highest draft pick

others:

S- Andre- had him pegged as starter opposite Cole - out for year

MLB- cam- hudl tape shows he's explosive and has the look.  Believe he might play this year?

MLB- Noah- big dude and fast.  very cerebral. Looked real good in fall practice. Very  likely would be a starter if he is able to come back. 

WR/PR- seibel- senior that does the "dirty" work.  

FB- norberg- sen- massive dude that has played a ton of career mins 

WR- cam- very explosive player.  Could add a whole new element to unds offense  

MLB- Donnell- starter/stud

OG- Demon- starter/ unds best OL ? 

RB- Austin - suspended for year/ non injury 

The MLB group has taken the most "hits".  With no bye week again this year, these injuries are magnified even more. If Donnell and Noah are not able to come back ...Rastas and Jake will have to play heavy mins for the next 2 and half months straight. Absolutely love those two, but at MLB, that's  asking a lot out of two 200 lb. I don't think geier or Dijon are ready. Oscar could maybe spell them   

Bubba is just starting to build quality depth...UND needs a little help on the injury front ...please no more injuries!!  

26 minutes ago, shep said:

I saw Donnell was down and it looked serious as he was helped off. I didn't see Demon's injury. What happened?

Demon must have had an injury coming in.  Didn't start and gave it one series and that was all.  Hopefully the extra rest for him was precautionary.  

• Upvote 1

Disterhaupt can hold his own at ILB, and I thought Rastas looked pretty good in his debut.  If Larson is back next week and is as good as advertised, we will be alright there.  Also saw Nevermann playing some but didn't really notice how he did, anyone notice how he looked?

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

Adding Iramurphy to the injury report, MRI on Monday.  I bet he's good to go the rest of the year regardless.

Don't be spreading outlandish concerns on this site if you don't have reliable sources like they do on Bizonville. And, even with posting something this serious and you know for sure!!!!

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Any word on how long Rodgers will be out?  Not a good position for another injury.  Rastas did pretty well, just struggled taking on blockers.

How about Taylor?  Multiple games?  

I'd guess high ankle sprain for Rodgers. That can be a lingering injury all season. Not good for a position that relies on lateral movement.

25 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I'd guess high ankle sprain for Rodgers. That can be a lingering injury all season. Not good for a position that relies on lateral movement.

I hope I am wrong, but I have pretty good info that Rodgers injury is more than ankle sprain.  Not sure when info will come out.

On 9/10/2017 at 7:42 AM, Longtime fan said:

Donnells injury is massive.  Hope it isn't to bad.  With him out UND essentially starts three DL , two cbs and 6 safeties ( based on size).   The four starting LB crew bounce around 200 lbs.

Before the season started UND lost three high impact players:

MLB- Connor-(retired) sen- the qb of the D

CB-Deion- all American - sen- out for year 

OT- Elijah- (quit/ non injury) had potential to be unds highest draft pick

others:

S- Andre- had him pegged as starter opposite Cole - out for year

MLB- cam- hudl tape shows he's explosive and has the look.  Believe he might play this year?

MLB- Noah- big dude and fast.  very cerebral. Looked real good in fall practice. Very  likely would be a starter if he is able to come back. 

WR/PR- seibel- senior that does the "dirty" work.  

FB- norberg- sen- massive dude that has played a ton of career mins 

WR- cam- very explosive player.  Could add a whole new element to unds offense  

MLB- Donnell- starter/stud

OG- Demon- starter/ unds best OL ? 

RB- Austin - suspended for year/ non injury 

The MLB group has taken the most "hits".  With no bye week again this year, these injuries are magnified even more. If Donnell and Noah are not able to come back ...Rastas and Jake will have to play heavy mins for the next 2 and half months straight. Absolutely love those two, but at MLB, that's  asking a lot out of two 200 lb. I don't think geier or Dijon are ready. Oscar could maybe spell them   

Bubba is just starting to build quality depth...UND needs a little help on the injury front ...please no more injuries!!  

haven't heard what kind of injury or to what extent they will miss but add: 

OT- stockwell- possibly the best OL and has many starts under his belt. 

CB- holm- fastest guy on the team and was coming on strong in the coverage dept   

*this has been just a brutal year that has targeted certain positions. How many guys are left in the next man up bullpen!? 

INJURY REPORT VS. MONTANA STATE

OUT FOR SEASON

DB 19 Deion Harris (out for the season)

DB 29 Andre Randolph (out for the season)

OUT

WR 20 Easton Erbes (out)

WR 23 Josh Seibel (out)

FB 42 Kyle Norberg (out)

LB 44 Donnell Rodgers (out)

LB 45 Cam Hunt (out)

OL 65 Demon Taylor (out)

QUESTIONABLE

DB 6 Evan Holm (questionable)  

OL 72 Mat Cox (questionable)

OL 78 A.J. Stockwell (questionable)

WR 81 Luke Stanley (questionable)