SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Gopher tickets

Jrebsch

19 hours ago, MoSiouxFan said:

Have never bought or sold tickets on this website before.  How does the exchange of tickets and money work, so that the buyer is assured of getting his tickets and the seller is assured of getting his money?  Thanks.

Assurance is a funny thing.  It's really all about faith in humanity.  In ND, you're fairly safe.  Since most sellers are also fans, chances are good you can meet up at the event, and I've never felt uneasy around Sioux fans.  

If a poster has a high post count, he/she is probably legit and a straight shooter.  Relying on one's reputation on an anonymous message board seems silly, but there are more than a few members on here who I'd trust without question based on their presence alone.  Chances are a transaction that goes south will be reported on here, and the bad guy will be outed and blackballed for life.

TM allows for direct sales, and I believe that REA facilitates a will-call service for season ticket holders.

Meeting up with cash is always going to be risky, so you have to use some common sense.  Contact information can tell you a lot about the person; cell phone numbers or inherently more trackable than e-mail addresses; some sellers will even use their personal or (better) work e-mails.  Some will (perhaps inadvertently) even give you unnecessary personal information, which can make you feel even better.    Otherwise, the usual rules apply - pick a public place, let someone know where you are going and why, etc.  PayPal makes for an awesome way to send money, too.  If the seller is cool with it, you can pre-arrange an eBay buy-it-now auction, which will enable you to use PayPal's buyer protection if something goes wrong.

If by mail, and time permits, consider sending part of the money, receiving part of the ticket package as kind of a good-faith gesture.  Use mail/tracking services.

At the end of the day, caveat emptor, but I will personally say that I have had several successful transactions here.  Happy shopping!

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, MoSiouxFan said:

Have never bought or sold tickets on this website before.  How does the exchange of tickets and money work, so that the buyer is assured of getting his tickets and the seller is assured of getting his money?  Thanks.

If the seller cannot meet you in Grand Forks or elsewhere and is a season ticket holder, that season ticket holder can call the box office and place the ticket for that game in will call. The UND box office will print a new ticket for that game with a new barcode, and place it in will call. The original ticket's barcode will no longer be scannable and will therefore be unuseable. I bought seats for son and granddaughters last year from a season ticket holder, dealt with him here in pm's, sent him a check, and he placed the tickets in will call for me to pick up. I have never seen anyone complain about not getting what they paid for in this forum.

19 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Assurance is a funny thing.  It's really all about faith in humanity.  In ND, you're fairly safe.  Since most sellers are also fans, chances are good you can meet up at the event, and I've never felt uneasy around Sioux fans.  

If a poster has a high post count, he/she is probably legit and a straight shooter.  Relying on one's reputation on an anonymous message board seems silly, but there are more than a few members on here who I'd trust without question based on their presence alone.  Chances are a transaction that goes south will be reported on here, and the bad guy will be outed and blackballed for life.

TM allows for direct sales, and I believe that REA facilitates a will-call service for season ticket holders.

Meeting up with cash is always going to be risky, so you have to use some common sense.  Contact information can tell you a lot about the person; cell phone numbers or inherently more trackable than e-mail addresses; some sellers will even use their personal or (better) work e-mails.  Some will (perhaps inadvertently) even give you unnecessary personal information, which can make you feel even better.    Otherwise, the usual rules apply - pick a public place, let someone know where you are going and why, etc.  PayPal makes for an awesome way to send money, too.  If the seller is cool with it, you can pre-arrange an eBay buy-it-now auction, which will enable you to use PayPal's buyer protection if something goes wrong.

If by mail, and time permits, consider sending part of the money, receiving part of the ticket package as kind of a good-faith gesture.  Use mail/tracking services.

At the end of the day, caveat emptor, but I will personally say that I have had several successful transactions here.  Happy shopping!

Thanks for a more thorough answer than I could have anticipated.  Much appreciated.

7 minutes ago, sprig said:

If the seller cannot meet you in Grand Forks or elsewhere and is a season ticket holder, that season ticket holder can call the box office and place the ticket for that game in will call. The UND box office will print a new ticket for that game with a new barcode, and place it in will call. The original ticket's barcode will no longer be scannable and will therefore be unuseable. I bought seats for son and granddaughters last year from a season ticket holder, dealt with him here in pm's, sent him a check, and he placed the tickets in will call for me to pick up. I have never seen anyone complain about not getting what they paid for in this forum.

Thanks, Sprig.  Great addition/supplement to Noise's response.  Appreciate it.

16 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Agreed on all points, I'd trust 99% of posters here with sending tickets/money for an exchange. The only time I'd be wary is if they don't give you a lot of information or don't have any posts. Still likely find but just do extra diligence. I give out my business card when I meet people so they know where to find me if something went wrong. I've had some people who seemed suspicious of me beforehand text me after the game thanking for the great tix multiple times :lol:

If you're in Grand Forks to exchange with someone and you're uneasy you can meet outside the police station downtown, there is designated parking spots there for just that reason. 

10 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Agreed on all points, I'd trust 99% of posters here with sending tickets/money for an exchange. The only time I'd be wary is if they don't give you a lot of information or don't have any posts. Still likely find but just do extra diligence. I give out my business card when I meet people so they know where to find me if something went wrong. I've had some people who seemed suspicious of me beforehand text me after the game thanking for the great tix multiple times :lol:

If you're in Grand Forks to exchange with someone and you're uneasy you can meet outside the police station downtown, there is designated parking spots there for just that reason. 

Thanks.  I appreciate the excellent input.