SiouxSports.com Forum

Game day: F'n Hawks vs Bears

geaux_sioux

3 minutes ago, RavenousUte said:

Best part... larger margin of victory than Missouri... and your defense was light years ahead. :lol:

Where is Bison06, saying their output against Missouri was impressive and thought many of us were way off in feeling good about this week. I think their output against Missouri did open our eyes and gave us some concern, I thought they would score in the 20's on us today. Very nice shut out especially since Rodgers got hurt  went out and we don't really have a true MLB playing. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

My exact comment on that run was "BEAST MODE"!

Building early leads and then unleashing our RB's, I'd like to see a lot more of that this year. Also loved the balanced offensive attack. My hats off to Rudy and the rest of the offense this week. Both positives and negatives to take away from this game, but can't complain about the outcome.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

My exact comment on that run was "BEAST MODE"!

I'm going to have to watch the replay on that one,  got picked up to go to a concert and missed the 4th quarter and couldn't get it on my phone.  Nice to get JJ involved at the end today....hopefully we can get him rolling and truly have a 3 headed monster in the backfield. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Where is Bison06, saying their output against Missouri was impressive and thought many of us were way off in feeling good about this week. I think their output against Missouri did open our eyes and gave us some concern, I thought they would score in the 20's on us today. Very nice shut out especially since Rodgers got hurt  went out and we don't really have a true MLB playing. 

I'm right here. Which would you like to believe, that UND has an incredible defense that shutdown an offense that looked impressive against an SEC team last week or that UND just shutout a crappy offense? I think it's the first one, but you're welcome to choose to believe that it's the latter if you like.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I'm right here. Which would you like to believe, that UND has an incredible defense that shutdown an offense that looked impressive against an SEC team last week or that UND just shutout a crappy offense? I think it's the first one, but you're welcome to choose to believe that it's the latter if you like.

You're kinda annoying. 

7 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

On the road vs USD should be more difficult next week. Hoping for a repeat performance from the D.

10 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

You're kinda annoying. 

Why? Missouri state DID look impressive last week. UND shut them down this week.

I think UND shutout a formidable offensive attack today, don't you?

If the Missouri state offense isn't very good, then what about today's UND defensive performance is good? 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

So you believe UND has incredible defense? 

Nice win.  Crowd was big and quiet.. nice to see the attendance and people interest.  

UNDs  D is one if the best in the fcs ....period!!   Hope Donnells injury is not serious .....he is needed. 

The moose is a complete beast!!  Knocks the $&@$ out of anyone near him!!!  That's the way football is played!! 

Wanzek with a great game

Rudolph is still a horse$&@$ play caller.  Looks good against inferior opponents.   UND should have scored 50-60 points today.  Missouri st is on par with mayville st, defensively.  He refuses to turn to page two in play book.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Nice win.  Crowd was big and quiet..but nice to see the attendance and people interest.  

UNDs  D is one if the best in the fcs ....period!!   Hope Donnells injury is not serious .....he is needed. 

The moose is a complete beast!!  Knocks the $&@$ out of anyone near him!!!  That's the way football is played!! 

Wanzek with a great game

Rudolph is still a horse$&@$ play caller.  Looks good against inferior opponents.   UND should have scored 50-60 points today.  Missouri st D is on par with mayville st, defensively.  He refuses to turn to page two in play book.  

I wasn't happy with Rudy last week, but I'm not going to rip on him this week. 

526 total yards

36:11 TOP

2 Turnovers (one special teams, other at the end of the half going for the end zone as time expired)

5 different guys with a rush attempt

6 different guys with a reception

25 first downs

over 8 yards per pass

over 5 yard per rush

I personally didn't see a need to run up the score. It was a convincing win. Special teams looked to be the worst phase of the game this week.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Feff said:

The reason Rudolph gets so much crap is that the playcalling is more often than not predictable. Yes, he has some great moments and there are times where everything he calls seems to work, but there are many, many times that the calls are run, run, pass with a 3 and out, rinse and repeat. 

Rudolph often looks like a world-beater when we are taking it to a team - it's when we are against a tough team that he reverts.

6 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

526 total yards

2 Turnovers (one special teams, other at the end of the half going for the end zone as time expired)

25 first downs

over 8 yards per pass

over 5 yard per rush

I personally didn't see a need to run up the score. It was a convincing win. Special teams looked to be the worst phase of the game this week.

You don't have to , I will.  They gave up nearly 900 yards to Missouri last week. WAYYY to much no matter the opponent!  I sat down by the Missouri st fans for 2qtrs,  great people btw, and they laughed to a certain degree as I was calling a lot of the plays before they happened. Any decent D with a decent DC will hurt UND  

3 minutes ago, Irish said:

Rudolph often looks like a world-beater when we are taking it to a team - it's when we are against a tough team that he reverts.

5 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

526 total yards

25 first downs

over 8 yards per pass

over 5 yard per rush

time for kostich to go