SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Fan Experience @ Utah

RavenousUte

Had a great time, all the Utah fans were great.  Nice stadium......thanks for the info on the Trax as we took that to the game.  Also thanks for posting about Olympic Park and all of the stuff to do there.  Instead of flying back to AZ today I went to Olympic Park and had a good time, did the Extreme Tubing, zip line, and did the bobsled......that is one crazy ride!!!  I'm still feeling the effects of that one!  I took a bunch of pictures, I posted some in the Game Day thread.......or one of the other threads. 

Will be rooting for you guys the rest of the year. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNDColorado said:

I loved the stadium. The people were very open and welcoming as I do not even recall one instance where someone was rude. Utah has a great program and I would visit again if we ever play the Utes again.

Well put; my thoughts exactly.

7 minutes ago, RavenousUte said:

So how do you rate the crowd noise?  Hope we were louder than the Fargo Dome.   How was our fan intensity during the game?  Any thing that stood out for you @ the game? 

Judging by our ability to make verbal adjustments at the line it was nowhere near as loud as the Fargo Dome.

2 hours ago, RavenousUte said:

So how do you rate the crowd noise?  Hope we were louder than the Fargo Dome.   How was our fan intensity during the game?  Any thing that stood out for you @ the game? 

It was a quiet game honestly. Doesn't really compare to a Pac-12 game or game against Michigan for example. 

Opponent always has something to do with crowd noise....but so does an early kick on a weeknight. People aren't as into the game IMO 

2 hours ago, Big Lubowski said:

SLC was beautiful. Rice-Eccles was an amazing stadium, with an incredible view. Downtown very cool. Most lasting impression tho? SLC has the most beautiful women in the country, bar none. (Ok, wasn't watching the game all the time.) Send your boys to school there!

Be careful, those mormon girls like to get pregnant/married. :)

Trust me I know.

On 9/2/2017 at 3:59 PM, SlowHand said:

Be careful, those mormon girls like to get pregnant/married. :)

Trust me I know.

There could be worse fates.

Suffice it to say that, unlike our friends to the south, when there's a football game going on in SLC, all the talent isn't on the field. (As a certain ESPN announcer so appropriately said a few years back about SU.) 

We had an outstanding time.

- I walked around the tailgating area and everyone was kind - offering us beer and food, asking us questions, showing us their Utah decorated RVs. It was a good atmosphere. Lots of great trailers and set ups.

- It's a nice stadium with a beautiful view of the mountains. 

- The food was inexpensive in the stadium - much appreciated.

- I didn't see a ton of unique football traditions during the game. The lighting of the "U" after the win was very cool. Other than that the cannon bit is overdone across the land, the band was OK, ... and that was about it. I've been to a number of Power 5 games and this game had the least amount of traditions I've seen. Not a knock by any stretch, just an observation.

- Many people stopped after the game to tell folks in green how good of a game it was. Over and over people said they liked Keaton. There were lots of kind people there. I'm curious how Utah fans react to visitors from Washington or USC, etc (not BYU obviously!).

- We visited In and Out, Temple Square, the state capital, Park City, and the Olympic Training Center. We really enjoyed all of it.

All in all it was a very worthwhile trip and I'm very happy we went. I appreciate how kind the fans were.... they left a great lasting impression.

• Upvote 4