SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky Non-UND

geaux_sioux

8 minutes ago, RavenousUte said:

Damn it geaux you jinxed them....

How talented is BYU compared to Utah?  I think UND could definitely hang with the Cougars.  My take is Utah is bigger and more skilled, but BYU usually gives Utah all they can handle.  

5 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

How talented is BYU compared to Utah?  I think UND could definitely hang with the Cougars.  My take is Utah is bigger and more skilled, but BYU usually gives Utah all they can handle.  

Their 1's might be able to hang with our 1's  I'd give Utah the edge in talent BYU the edge in experience...  we had 8 players drafted by the NFL and 8 more UDFA.  Utah is definitely deeper on talent.  So we can rotate players with little drop off.  If BYU has to play their 1's all game they will tire out.

5 minutes ago, RavenousUte said:

Seisay used to be an Oregon Duck... if PSU didn't have talented corners  they would be getting crushed in the run game without the safety help.  As it is BYU lines are manhandling PSU pretty much.

Overall, BYU has been sloppy, too.  They will have to sharpen things up from here on out.

13 minutes ago, sprig said:

Colgate up 10-0 on CalPoly in the 2nd. It's on espnu

When you are on pace for 45 fullback dives in a game, might want to try something else.  Prothroe is overrated by the way.  I don't need the lecture about Cal Poly basing everything off the dive, I know how it works.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

When you are on pace for 45 fullback dives in a game, might want to try something else.  Prothroe is overrated by the way.  I don't need the lecture about Cal Poly basing everything off the dive, I know how it works.

But but but, Protheroe being injured last year is the only reason UND beat Poly. Surely you know that!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Poly is as great matchup for us. We eat their lunch.

Believe me, we can stop 45 full back dives from an "all american".  Tank eats full back dives for breakfast!!

No way Prothroe handles that all year long.  Too much pounding, including the plays he doesn't get the ball.

4 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

why any recruit wants to play in that system in 2017 is beyond me.

There are certain athletes who are a perfect fit in Cal-Poly's system that wouldn't fit in with anyone else. You just need to know where to find them. If they could incorporate more of a passing attack to catch teams cheating to stop the run, they would be tough to stop.