Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
UND Fan

LET'S HELP BUBBA

Recommended Posts

UND Fan   
2 hours ago, sprig said:

UND fan, you settings are set to not receive pm's.

I might need some coaching on this.  I do communicate with other posters via the mailbox in the upper right corner of the screen.  I thought that was PM.  If not, let me know what I need to do.

Thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sprig   
48 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

I might need some coaching on this.  I do communicate with other posters via the mailbox in the upper right corner of the screen.  I thought that was PM.  If not, let me know what I need to do.

Thx

I get a "can't receive messages" when I try to send you a message. Can't find anywhere to stop someone from sending  a pm except in the ignored users list. Check that, maybe I'm there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UND Fan   
13 minutes ago, sprig said:

I get a "can't receive messages" when I try to send you a message. Can't find anywhere to stop someone from sending  a pm except in the ignored users list. Check that, maybe I'm there. 

I certainly do have a couple of guys on "ignore" but not you.  I will try to send you a message.  Let's see if you get it and if you can respond to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sprig   
3 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

sprig - I just realized my mail box was full.  Please try to PM me again.

 

That worked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UND Fan   
4 minutes ago, sprig said:

That worked

Thanks for letting me know if the problem, sprig!  AND, thanks for being the first to contribute! 

If any one else had tried to PM without luck, please try again!

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SJG73   

I'm sorry but that equipment should be the responsibility of the university if they have a D1 football program...it's  cost of doing business.  On the other hand I will donate toward rings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ozzie82   

This is discouraging that the football budget is not big enough to cover the knee braces and concussion caps. We either have a division 1 football program or we don't - as of now it appears we do not yet have the funds to run a legitimate division 1 football program from top to bottom. The staff is forced into making difficult choices that may affect the health of their players.

 

This is a glimpse into the real budget problems the athletic department is having and why other programs were cut. It appears from the outside that steps are being taken to fund the existing programs appropriately but the issues are clearly not solved yet.

 

I'm surprised this thread has not generated more comments. The revelation of the lack of funds is a real eye opener. Thank you UND Fan for bringing this to our attention and organizing a fund raiser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ozzie82   
14 hours ago, SJG73 said:

I'm sorry but that equipment should be the responsibility of the university if they have a D1 football program...it's  cost of doing business.  On the other hand I will donate toward rings.

OK but the scholarships are not funded by the university either... they are donated by individuals. I'm not sure what other football related items are funded by the university and what is donated but it appears we may be surprised if we really knew who actually pays the "cost of doing business" if we had access to their spreadsheet.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bison73   
5 minutes ago, Ozzie82 said:

This is discouraging that the football budget is not big enough to cover the knee braces and concussion caps. We either have a division 1 football program or we don't - as of now it appears we do not yet have the funds to run a legitimate division 1 football program from top to bottom. The staff is forced into making difficult choices that may affect the health of their players.

 

This is a glimpse into the real budget problems the athletic department is having and why other programs were cut. It appears from the outside that steps are being taken to fund the existing programs appropriately but the issues are clearly not solved yet.

 

I'm surprised this thread has not generated more comments. The revelation of the lack of funds is a real eye opener. Thank you UND Fan for bringing this to our attention and organizing a fund raiser.

I was wondering when the funding issues were going to come to light.  I posted awhile back that there were issues and what you were seeing with cuts was just the tip of the iceberg.

Then when they had coaches and students get up and having to beg to keep their sports was nothing more than an embarrassing dog and pony show as the die was already cast.

Now this? Having to beg for safety equipment which should be a given? Even though we are rivals this really makes me sad for whats going on with your program. Especially since Bubba

has made such good progress the last few years.

  • Downvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UND-1   
22 minutes ago, bison73 said:

I was wondering when the funding issues were going to come to light.  I posted awhile back that there were issues and what you were seeing with cuts was just the tip of the iceberg.

Then when they had coaches and students get up and having to beg to keep their sports was nothing more than an embarrassing dog and pony show as the die was already cast.

Now this? Having to beg for safety equipment which should be a given? Even though we are rivals this really makes me sad for whats going on with your program. Especially since Bubba

has made such good progress the last few years.

Thanks for your concern I can see you are deeply moved. The players will always have the knee braces This is so stupid. He is bringing up items that are on the fringe of the budget that he's hoping alumni and donors could step up and pay for, like they do other things in the program. More of those that get paid for the less he has to worry about.  

Have the players ever not had the knee braces that they needed in recent memory?  D2 days even....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bison73   
13 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

Thanks for your concern I can see you are deeply moved. The players will always have the knee braces This is so stupid. He is bringing up items that are on the fringe of the budget that he's hoping alumni and donors could step up and pay for, like they do other things in the program. More of those that get paid for the less he has to worry about.  

Have the players ever not had the knee braces that they needed in recent memory?  D2 days even....

If thats the case then Bubba needs to close his trap because it makes the situation up there look bad. And you certainly dont need anymore help in that area as of late.

  • Downvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UND-1   
4 minutes ago, bison73 said:

If thats the case then Bubba needs to close his trap because it makes the situation up there look bad. And you certainly dont need anymore help in that area as of late.

He gave one person an idea of fundraising that they could possibly do if they are interested.  That person took it to Siouxsports so everybody knows, which is fine.  But it's not like he took out a PSA announcement, my gawd.   

You guys pay off the TM-backed coaches office note yet?  Saw you got a new TM-backed locker room note to pay for now, as well.  That's sound.  

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UND-1   
24 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Nice deflection.

What notes are you referring to? Are you privy to how those projects were financed?

Are you privy to UND's budget for each sport, line by line?   So no I am not.  

People need to get a grip.  UND has numerous donations that pay for different things every season.  If the fans/alumni don't know what needs to be paid for the are less apt to donate just generally.  They like to donate to something, to a cause.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UND Fan   
1 hour ago, Ozzie82 said:

This is discouraging that the football budget is not big enough to cover the knee braces and concussion caps. We either have a division 1 football program or we don't - as of now it appears we do not yet have the funds to run a legitimate division 1 football program from top to bottom. The staff is forced into making difficult choices that may affect the health of their players.

 

This is a glimpse into the real budget problems the athletic department is having and why other programs were cut. It appears from the outside that steps are being taken to fund the existing programs appropriately but the issues are clearly not solved yet.

 

I'm surprised this thread has not generated more comments. The revelation of the lack of funds is a real eye opener. Thank you UND Fan for bringing this to our attention and organizing a fund raiser.


Guys - I am not knowledgeable enough to tell you that all other DI programs funds these types of protective items within their football budgets.  I can tell you that these are upgraded products and that not all programs use - hence, the recruiting advantage, etc.  I can also tell you that these items were funded by an endowment that no longer has funds available.

While I certainly can't control the content of this thread, I would certainly appreciate it if all this debate crap about athletic funding issues be done (if you feel it is necessary) on another thread.  And, as is always the case with an SU fan trying to get us excited, it is best to ignore them!

Some of us are simply trying to help Bubba and our football program.  If you want to help, that is great.  If not, please don't put a damper on it for others who really care about the program.  Ozzie - these last comments were not intended for you!    

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
homer   
49 minutes ago, bison73 said:

If thats the case then Bubba needs to close his trap because it makes the situation up there look bad. And you certainly dont need anymore help in that area as of late.

We are hoping players don't have to share helmets this year.  Thanks for the concern.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UND-1   
1 minute ago, UND Fan said:


Guys - I am not knowledgeable enough to tell you that all other DI programs funds these types of protective items within their football budgets.  I can tell you that these are upgraded products and that not all programs use - hence, the recruiting advantage, etc.  I can also tell you that these items were funded by an endowment that no longer has funds available.

While I certainly can't control the content of this thread, I would certainly appreciate it if all this debate crap about athletic funding issues be done (if you feel it is necessary) on another thread.  And, as is always the case with an SU fan trying to get us excited, it is best to simply ignore them!

Will these funds now just be pulled from a different source?  Because I know they aren't going to just stop buying them if a new endowment isnt created.  

The wording in this thread makes it sound like the program is months away from shutting down.  That is the problem I have with it.  

The idea is great and yet not uncommon, which is why Bubba brought it up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, bison73 said:

If thats the case then Bubba needs to close his trap because it makes the situation up there look bad. And you certainly dont need anymore help in that area as of late.

Yeah, we are just falling apart at the seams up here. NCAA title in hockey in 2016, Big Sky FB champions in 2016, Big Sky MBB regular-season and playoff titles in 2017, Big Sky Volleyball regular-season and playoff titles in 2017, Big Sky WBB regular-season title in 2017. And VB is kicking butt already this year against big name schools. Yup, we have our work cut out for us to get out of this hole! Meanwhile, I am sure NDSU is secretly working on their application to join FBS and the Big 12 and will unveil it in the next couple of years. :silly:

Btw, where are all those stupid "Bubba Gump" comments you guys were spewing on here a couple of years ago? I don't see them anymore. Gee, I wonder why that is? :silly:

Quit trolling our board unless you have something useful to contribute. Go back to Bisonville, please.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, bison73 said:

If thats the case then Bubba needs to close his trap because it makes the situation up there look bad. And you certainly dont need anymore help in that area as of late.

There are always areas of necessary funding. Are all FCS programs, including NDSU, now so accomplished that they are complacent in their funding projects?

Bubba expressed priority areas of potential funding; that shows dedication to making the program even better, not the contrary that you are trying to falsely spin. Most can see right through your comments as typical Ag school crap. 

As usual, I hope NDSU fails this season. Good day. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UND-1   

Let me sum it up:

The knee braces weren't in the budget because they were paid for by an endowment.  

Does that mean they cannot be paid for now, whatsoever?  No.

They want a NEW endowment to do the same thing.  Crazy, I know.  

Comprende?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UND Fan   
13 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

Will these funds now just be pulled from a different source?  Because I know they aren't going to just stop buying them if a new endowment isnt created.  

The wording in this thread makes it sound like the program is months away from shutting down.  That is the problem I have with it.  

The idea is great and yet not uncommon, which is why Bubba brought it up.

I would agree that they are not going to stop using these items - I am sure they will pull the money out of general budget.  However, that means that this $9-10K will not be available for something else that was in the budget.

Bubba was not indicating that "the world is ending!".  I simply asked if he could use some financial help with anything.  He stated that these funds had dried up - I responded that I would try to help.  End of story!

I will not try to justify or explain this any further.  If people want to help, great!  If not, that is fine!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×