SiouxSports.com Forum

Gopher ticket price predictions

undfan71

1 hour ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Because unlike your example, it's regular season college hockey. Period. 

The $45-50 ticket has been the norm at UND for a long time now, which is by no means cheap, but the quality of the product has sustained the value.

While I do not dispute that UM is a premium opponent, and could command a premium price, a 100% markup is steep.

What the average fan does not need to see is UND getting cozy with the idea of trying to make up its Athletics deficit entirely by doing cash grabs at the box office.  What starts out as Gopher nostalgia now could soon see $70-80 price points on other matchups.  That would be unfortunate and would price out a lot of people.  IMHO, fans need to stick up for one another, and the standard answer should never be "Why can't you just go to the exhibition game or the Thanksgiving games against Sisters of the Blind."  That is not going to cultivate loyalty, especially among newcomers and non-entitled kids.

While this is true to a point, one must also factor in what MN did last year when we played them in the Twin Cities, raised the seat price to like $100. So our fans that bought tickets paid their share and we had a good showing at the game.

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

While this is true to a point, one must also factor in what MN did last year when we played them in the Twin Cities, raised the seat price to like $100. So our fans that bought tickets paid their share and we had a good showing at the game.

It was $130 for the games at Marriucci  last year. Al was going to take a bus but nobody wanted to pay those bastards that.

5 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

So now that the game is in our building, we raise the price for our own fans?  Doesn't make sense.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Blackheart said:

So now that the game is in our building, we raise the price for our own fans?  Doesn't make sense.

But it is kind of ironic that thousands of people were crying because they couldn't purchase tickets at that price to the game against Minnesota in Las Vegas next year.  Maybe if they hadn't been so vocal, they might not have been so apt to ask for so much for this series. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, The Sicatoka said:

Exactly.  I get that a lot of people are upset about the price of the ticket.  However, realistically, my guess is that the University could have sold out the stadium at $199/ticket, so getting in for half the fair market value of the ticket is a steal.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fighting Sioux 23 said:

Exactly.  I get that a lot of people are upset about the price of the ticket.  However, realistically, my guess is that the University could have sold out the stadium at $199/ticket, so getting in for half the fair market value of the ticket is a steal.

And if my season tickets would of cost $100 more because the goofs ticket was $199, I would of still bought them, like most people. Now I paid early in the summer for my season tickets not knowing that the goofs game was $99. I don't know if that was even announced prior to paying for your tickets. I did know the tickets package price was increasing.  Must add here, that there would have to be a point if ticket prices get to high that the demand would drop.

Bizon football had like 700 requests that didn't get season tickets, with 12,100 season tickets sold, those numbers were in the GF Herald a couple weeks ago. I wonder what the number of UND MH season ticket requests was that didn't get tickets because they were sold out. Now in both cases that is the allotment of season tickets that get sold out, there are also individual seats sold later, student section, visitors section, and standing room seats sold later.

All this kind of brings me to a taught I've had for a while over all the blusterous jabber from our friends to the south how they have 15,000 or even 25,000 fans that want seat tickets to their football games and that they should build a 45,000 seat facility.  And, by the way, what an arrogant and obnoxious bunch, can't wait for them to slip and slide. Just had to throw that in there. Back on task, so take the 19,000 that show up, add the 25,000 that supposedly want tickets and you end up with 44,000 people. Dreamers?

Moo U has an average of about 3 tickets sold to each individual season ticket requester. That equals about 2,000 fans waiting for season tickets. They also have people waiting for individual game tickets, which I've heard is more realistically like 5,000. Now I would assume, that the people waiting for season tickets are in the bunch of 5,000 waiting for individual game tickets and maybe, maybe they then have 5,000 waiting for tickets, which is still too high of an estimate IMO.

Anyway, back to Hawkee!!!!!! I wonder what theses numbers are for UND MH?

How many season tickets?

How many season ticket request refused?

Average # of season ticket seats per request?

How long (and how many games) does it take to sell out individual seats and standing room seats?

Are sellouts, just barely sellouts?

How much $ will this MN series bring in with ticket sales?

Just tried to get tickets through the Champions Club presale and there are only a couple dozen individual seats left.  Can't even get 2 seats together.  Unless they are holding additional tickets for the public release tomorrow, it's looking like a seller's market.

4 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Just tried to get tickets through the Champions Club presale and there are only a couple dozen individual seats left.  Can't even get 2 seats together.  Unless they are holding additional tickets for the public release tomorrow, it's looking like a seller's market.

I was able to get 4 tickets for the Saturday game.

33 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

.........that is easily the surest assumption on this site since January 15, 2012.