SiouxSports.com Forum

Rings

old school

On 8/24/2017 at 3:41 PM, SlowHand said:

It shouldn't have to be "made right", it should have been done right in the first place.

I am having a tough time believing that the 3 other teams got rings and football did not.

Does being co champions of the Big Sky justify rings?  I guess I have to disagree with some of you with your undies in a bunch.  I don't recall getting NCC championship rings in the past on the school.  

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, O Town said:

It needs to be an option.

I agree, it should at least be an option for the players to purchase.  Yes maybe all can't afford it, but if you are a senior and it is your last shot at you should be able to purchase one if you really want one.  I mean if you are a redshirt freshman and didn't see the field at all, probably not as big of a deal if you can't afford to purchase one.  Not that it wouldn't mean anything to you, but probably not as much as if you were an upper classmen.   Being politically correct to say......"well they ALL can't afford to buy one, therefore nobody gets one or even the option to get one", is lame. 

• Upvote 1

Whether rings were given to past division 2 UND football teams is not directly relevant to this discussion IMO. Nor is it relevant if other UND sports got one this year. 

The most relevant comparison - did past Big Sky football conference champions get rings? It appears the answer is yes. If that's the case I hope the players get one. 

• Upvote 1