SiouxSports.com Forum

"god" is now a Devil

Let'sGoHawks!

I am heartbroken. I would've loved to see Zach play more years with the Sioux but I am so glad that he chose green instead of maroon. I hope I can one day watch him again in another green jersey (Wild).

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got this from the Devils Forum on Hockey's Future website.

Assuming this is true, where does he fit on this team?:)???

Elias-Gomez-Gionta

Friesen-PARISE???-Kozlov

Langenbrunner-Madden-Pandolfo

Brylin-Rasmussen-Stevenson

Granted, most of these people have never seen him play, but it would be nice to see him on the second line.

April's Fool Joke........XL93 there's some credibility there its an early joke come April 1st the joke will be on us  :)  :D

It's also apparently been reported on the AM Clear Channel station in Grand Forks (sorry, I forget the callsign at the moment).

So far we have reports from Grand Forks radio that Zach is on his way to sign with the Devils; until Zach actually signs on the line and the press release comes from the Devils organization, you have to judge the credibility of those reports for yourself.

As for Matt Jones and Keith Ballard, the Coyotes GM Michael Barnett has gone out of his way to say the organization wants no part in their decision. If their "family advisors" comes to them and say they want a deal, the Coyotes will accomodate. If not, they are happy to leave them developing in premier college programs. Of course, they basically said the same thing about Jeff Taffe. Krys Kolanos won the National Championship and was asking for a contract the next day. I hope Matt chooses to stay in school. Defenseman take longer and it's not like he would step into the NHL lineup. Enjoy your college experience and mature as a player and a person. Good luck to ZPar, it will be fun to see him skate against the best.

3.6 over 3 years would convince most any college kid, im sure.

Hate to see him leave, but im glad to see no animosity towards the decision.

I hear that hes playing tuesday? this is just hearsay from a teammate of his.

Some of you guys are either completely nuts or you do not watch any NHL games.

There is about 100 times more hitting, clutching, grabbing, holding, high sticking and cheap shots than there is in any college league. A college kid turns pro for a variety of reasons: it has always been their dream to play in the NHL, the money, the need to elevate their game, etc.

He will find that there is much less space at the NHL level than there was in the WCHA.

One more thing, fellas. David Hale is NOT considered an NHL enforcer by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, you might want to check out his fight card, if one even exists, before you start making any such statements.

As for Matt Jones and Keith Ballard, the Coyotes GM Michael Barnett has gone out of his way to say the organization wants no part in their decision.  If their "family advisors" comes to them and say they want a deal, the Coyotes will accomodate.  If not, they are happy to leave them developing in premier college programs.  Of course, they basically said the same thing about Jeff Taffe.  Krys Kolanos won the National Championship and was asking for a contract the next day.  I hope Matt chooses to stay in school.  Defenseman take longer and it's not like he would step into the NHL lineup.  Enjoy your college experience and mature as a player and a person.  Good luck to ZPar, it will be fun to see him skate against the best.

Let Jones stay! Let Jones stay!...c'mon, everybody with me...Let Jones stay! Let Jones stay!....Thanks Phoenix, you made this day a little easier to handle...for me at least...knowing the country's best defensman will be around next year.

:)

Parise for Hobey in 2004!!!

Jones for Hobey in 2005!!!

Some of you guys are either completely nuts or you do not watch any NHL games.

There is about 100 times more hitting, clutching, grabbing, holding, high sticking and cheap shots than there is in any college league. A college kid turns pro for a variety of reasons: it has always been their dream to play in the NHL, the money, the need to elevate their game, etc.

He will find that there is much less space at the NHL level than there was in the WCHA.

Yeah, but he'll be getting paid to take it in the NHL. :)

One more thing, fellas.  David Hale is  NOT  considered an NHL enforcer by any stretch of the imagination.  In fact,  you might want to check out his fight card, if one even exists, before you start making any such statements.

Enforcer, no. But he is one hell of a fighter from what I've seen. I watched him in one NHL fight where he pinned up the guy against the glass and beat on him. Hale can handle himself.

Someone suggested that if anyone messes with ZP in the Natinal League he'll have to answer to David Hale.

Now, Hale is tough enough and can handle himself when he deems it necessary, but he is hardly a feared fighter. I trust that you people know what happens to the instigator of a fight in the NHL?

That's right. You get 2, 5 and 10 and you head to the locker room thanks to Mr. Gary Buttman.

To end all of this talk about Hale...are there any NJ fans out there who can tell us all who the Enforcer(s) are on the team? Hale was probably mentioned due to not knowing the roster well. The point about getting your butt kicked by whomever is the important fact here.

New Jersey doesn't really have enforcers on the team, but Scott Stevens and John Madden aren't afraid to mix it up. Anyways, the real question at hand is, since the Devils have clinched a playoff spot, can Zach even play? I remember last year Peter Sejna got called up by the Blues and played in the last game of the season, but he was called up too late and couldn't play in the playoffs. Does anyone know more about this, and if Zach can play in the playoffs?

"In the NFL, NBA and MLB, players who fight are tossed. Hockey needs similar rules. The tired argument that fisticuffs prevent dangerous stickwork is bogus. If the NHL eliminates fighting and enforces rules against stick fouls that already exist, it will send a clear message that the league is no longer selling gratuitous violence of any kind."

Fighting is part of hockey...deal with it!

OK. Here is the deal. I HATE the debbies as much as you guys hate the Goooofers.

NJD "enforcers" , such as they are, are most likely Colin White and/or Grant Marshall who just busted the heck out of his hand after punching the helmet of Eric Cairns the other day. He is done for a month or so.

Scott Stevens is now a total mellonhead like Eric Lndros and has missed half the season. Doubtful he'll ever fight again.

John Madden has 1 fight in the last 3 years.

Thus, now that it has been mentioned, David Hale probably IS the best fighter on the team.