SiouxSports.com Forum

Improving the game day experience

CMSioux

4 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Have been to a half a dozen or so games in D1 era and this by far the best pre game and game atmosphere.

First time I have seen students into the game and that is the key IMO.

It's too bad the game wasn't more competitive. I would have loved to have heard the noise level from a huge play in a tight game.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

It's too bad the game wasn't more competitive. I would have loved to have heard the noise level from a huge play in a tight game.

Also, Hopefully the students don't flood the exits in a tighter game (or any fans for that matter, except maybe the opponents :) ) after they announce the winner of Bubba's bucks.  It was a little disappointing to see, but I can definitely see why they would, game was already in hand and an 8 am tailgate start for a 4 pm game makes for a long day.  Overall, I'd say hands down a better student section than anything we saw in 2016, including the playoffs.  Keep it up Students!!

7 minutes ago, SkoHawks said:

Also, Hopefully the students don't flood the exits in a tighter game (or any fans for that matter, except maybe the opponents :) ) after they announce the winner of Bubba's bucks.  It was a little disappointing to see, but I can definitely see why they would, game was already in hand and an 8 am tailgate start for a 4 pm game makes for a long day.  Overall, I'd say hands down a better student section than anything we saw in 2016, including the playoffs.  Keep it up Students!!

Students weren't the only ones who were leaving early in the fourth quarter.   Not unexpected in a blowout game.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

Your eyes do not lie and it sort of reminded me of American Gladiators...except they were drunk!

Yeah, they were doing the oversized Q-tip "jousting." We had some wooden horses/giraffes/unicorns on the other side of the lot for racing that we brought over. Were going to "sit" on them and try joust but the line and crowed around the jousting pit was a little crazy.

• Upvote 1

On 9/9/2017 at 7:20 PM, siouxjoy said:

I thought the sound system was much improved (Sec 216). I also didn't have any issues with the WiFi. I did notice that the video was a little glitchy, hopefully an easy fix. :)

I did not think the sound system was that great, was not clear or very loud. When they were doing starting offense and defense it was hard to hear the names. I was expecting something better for saying they improved it this year. I wouldn't pay that bill till I had someone check it out, that was hearing it sitting in Section 206. Any other thoughts on it? I also did not hear the Hawk screech and kind of have mixed feelings on it, it can get annoying but hearing mean we did score haha. I love the new additions around the Alerus but I would love for the student section to develop a name or identity may seem simple but "the nest" or "the hawks nest" would be kinda cool to see.