SiouxSports.com Forum

Minnesota Vikings 2017 2018

Fetch

Speaking of losing vs Philly... how are the Vikings going to choke this one away?  The Eagles may be the #1 seed but the Vikings should be favored.  So is it wide-left for the three-peat?  Keenum hits a wide open Diggs on a route as time is about to expire, but he celebrates too early, fumbles the ball and the Eagles recover for the win?  Wentz comes out of the locker room with a bionic leg and proceeds to throw for 400 yards in the first quarter?

• Upvote 1

With Payton's (F-bombs, Skol mimicking) antics, the "Curse" may have flew back with him to New Orleans.

4 lead changes in last 3:01, that 61 yd play was so huge (a play the Vikes practiced, and where Williams misses the tackle and takes out his teammate), clock runs out just as Diggs crosses the goal line with a first NFL playoff WALK OFF TOUCHDOWN, the Minneapolis Miracle.  One of greatest multiple lead changing finishes in the playoffs!

Maybe the brown paper bags return on the heads of NO fans at home games.

• Upvote 3

I watched the game again last night, still a little nervous watching it. Nothing like the nerves I experienced on Sunday which this time let me really see the game,  WOW, what a great game of football that was! Two teams in the trenches battling it out, gotta be one of the greatest games ever! 

Still loved that finish!

SKOOOOOOLLLL!

On 1/17/2018 at 7:16 AM, Nodak78 said:

Defense wins championships. 

I agree but they have to play like they did the 1st half for the whole game 

We were Lucky to win - I loved it but we need to get ahead & keep scoring - to win out both Defense & Offense have to have good if not great games

6 minutes ago, Fetch said:

I agree but they have to play like they did the 1st half for the whole game 

We were Lucky to win - I loved it but we need to get ahead & keep scoring - to win out both Defense & Offense have to have good if not great games

True but most games have ebbs and flows.   The D made a great stop to get the ball back with 25 seconds.  The punt team gave me a heart attack with the block.  Also Diggs not staying inbounds while the vikes drove to get their FG.  Bree shouldn't have had a minute plus for his last drive. 

A bit off topic, but a nice story.

A Vikings' fan on Reddit, appreciating the guts of Saints' punter Thomas Morstead on continuing on after injuring his ribs in the 1st quarter, encouraged others to support Morstead's Foundation - What You Give Will Grow.  It went viral and donations are now over $170K; Morstead has stated the Child Life program at Children's Minnesota will be the beneficiary.

Vikings Give to the Who Dat Nation

1 hour ago, sioux rube said:

Huh....

On 1/16/2018 at 3:23 PM, southpaw said:

Speaking of losing vs Philly... how are the Vikings going to choke this one away?  The Eagles may be the #1 seed but the Vikings should be favored.  So is it wide-left for the three-peat?  Keenum hits a wide open Diggs on a route as time is about to expire, but he celebrates too early, fumbles the ball and the Eagles recover for the win?  Wentz comes out of the locker room with a bionic leg and proceeds to throw for 400 yards in the first quarter?

Will the ghosts of Darrin Nelson and Gary Anderson and other of fails NFC championships come back to haunt the Vikings today? Has the Minnesota Miracle broken the curse? Have they been waiting for this one moment when the Super Bowl is in their back yard to end 50+ years of misery? It will be interesting.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:55 PM, siouxweet said:

When is the parade for this divisional playoff win.  My God Vikings fans are acting like this was the greatest win ever.  It was one playoff win.  Win 2 more than celebrate.  This win means nothing at this point except you get to play at least one more game.

The Packers should talk, my God.  At least this was a playoff game.  A few years ago didn't A Rodgers throw a Hail Mary in a regular season (we're not talking play-offs!) game at Detroit (?) to win it and all the cheeseheads went bagonza. 

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 1:09 PM, Prison_Mike said:

The Steelers didn’t win the Super Bowl following the Immaculate Reception. They lost to the Dolphins in the AFC championship game the following week yet it is still celebrated in Steelers history. The Diggs play, regardless of how the season ends, will go down in history with The Catch, The Music City Miracle, and Immaculate Reception. 

I could be wrong but the famous play/catch by Terrell Owens in the end zone vs his very own Packers was a wild card play-off game I believe and here I am talking about it approximately 20 years later. I'm sure San Fran fans recall it well too.    

Since 1961, the Vikings drive to win a Super Bowl is a Mother Load: Remember their 4 Super Bowls, 5 NFC championship losses, numerous other playoff losses, and those last of the regular season game losses with the consequences of playoff elimination? Don't need to explain to their fans what a Minnesota Vikings' hangover is, and I'm sure the players of those games felt the pain.

After saying that, the Vikings need a win today in Hak's town to give the Minneapolis Miracle more staying power,  because then, that is a link in a chain of events to get them to the first Home Super Bowl.

If Vikings can win today, then we can talk about how huge a Miracle it really is with another win on the same turf in Minneapolis. Skol Vikings!

• Upvote 1