SiouxSports.com Forum

Minnesota Vikings 2017 2018

Fetch

4 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

You're starting to sound like a bison fan. You remember the bad more than the good. Also listing off really bad plays made by the players as excuses for how the score should've  been different? You're acting Like Keenum is usually flawless and doesn't make those type of mistakes. 

Keenum made a terrible pass...Keenum took a bad sack...vikes gave up a blocked punt...forbath missed a FG, etc etc. Those all sound like things the vikes had control over, right? 

I can do that too-- Brees made a bad throw for a long play if not TD to Thomas but instead it was an INT...Snead made a bad throw on a wide open long trick play pass to kamara...lutz missed a FG...Ingram didn't get the 1st down to bleed the clock in the 4th to kick the winning field goal with no time remaining...saints had a TD called off (turned into 0 points)....Crawley had a 45 yard PI called when they got their feet tangled...Bree's threw a pick via a lucky no-look tipped pass by the d-lineman...annnnd not to mention Williams breaking on the ball way too early (probably because of keenums weak arm) and getting caught needing to avoid contact (didn't want PI because you can't end on a penalty and the vikes would've been in FG range) but ended up taking out the only other saints player available to tackle diggs in the process. 

If you ask any unbiased fan, they'll say the vikes stole it and the saints were the better team THAT DAY. The vikes and their fan base needed that more than any other team in the NFL and they probably are the better team and the best remaining team in the NFL...but they flat out were not the better team last night and they stole it. They choked again but got bailed out by another team choking even worse. Overall the calls were pretty even but leaned in favor of the vikes.

Also, Thomas getting pressed in coverage and being forced into another on-coming player was not dirty. It's not like it was a pick play. The guy came into his running lane and he was being sandwiched by the corner. He didn't put his helmet down, he just hit him with his shoulder as the collision was already going to happen. It wasn't a dirty play, but definitely a very unfortunate one. 

That last play couldn't have been more lucky or perfect. If you have a stronger armed QB, you would've had a boom boom catch-hit and game over. But you had Keenum...and we saw what happened. It was also perfect that you had both DBs take each other out.  

Disagree, overall the Vikes were the slightly better team yesterday.  If they choked (Vikes) then they don't win (i.e. Diggs drops that pass, Keenum overthrows him, etc.)  Vikes dominated the 1st half while the Saints (admittedly) won the 2nd half.  Everyone knew though, as good as the Vikes are defensively (come on, even you can admit that, huh?), they were most likely not going to shut out the Saints..  Last play, good defensive teams make those tackles while lesser talented defensive teams sometimes miss them.   

On 1/14/2018 at 9:16 PM, MafiaMan said:

Green Bay Packer fan math:

Q) If the Vikings have lost 4 Super Bowls in their existence and lose 1 more this year, how many total Super Bowl losses will they have?

A) 6.

Sorry, how is a Packer fan supposed to know how many super bowls the Vikings have choked in? If they lose their fifth super bowl it will be the record.........

4 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

You're starting to sound like a bison fan. You remember the bad more than the good. Also listing off really bad plays made by the players as excuses for how the score should've  been different? You're acting Like Keenum is usually flawless and doesn't make those type of mistakes. 

Keenum made a terrible pass...Keenum took a bad sack...vikes gave up a blocked punt...forbath missed a FG, etc etc. Those all sound like things the vikes had control over, right? 

I can do that too-- Brees made a bad throw for a long play if not TD to Thomas but instead it was an INT...Snead made a bad throw on a wide open long trick play pass to kamara...lutz missed a FG...Ingram didn't get the 1st down to bleed the clock in the 4th to kick the winning field goal with no time remaining...saints had a TD called off (turned into 0 points)....Crawley had a 45 yard PI called when they got their feet tangled...Bree's threw a pick via a lucky no-look tipped pass by the d-lineman...annnnd not to mention Williams breaking on the ball way too early (probably because of keenums weak arm) and getting caught needing to avoid contact (didn't want PI because you can't end on a penalty and the vikes would've been in FG range) but ended up taking out the only other saints player available to tackle diggs in the process. 

If you ask any unbiased fan, they'll say the vikes stole it and the saints were the better team THAT DAY. The vikes and their fan base needed that more than any other team in the NFL and they probably are the better team and the best remaining team in the NFL...but they flat out were not the better team last night and they stole it. They choked again but got bailed out by another team choking even worse. Overall the calls were pretty even but leaned in favor of the vikes.

Also, Thomas getting pressed in coverage and being forced into another on-coming player was not dirty. It's not like it was a pick play. The guy came into his running lane and he was being sandwiched by the corner. He didn't put his helmet down, he just hit him with his shoulder as the collision was already going to happen. It wasn't a dirty play, but definitely a very unfortunate one. 

That last play couldn't have been more lucky or perfect. If you have a stronger armed QB, you would've had a boom boom catch-hit and game over. But you had Keenum...and we saw what happened. It was also perfect that you had both DBs take each other out.  

Sour grapes.  You can find a number of plays that would have changed the game either way.  Your club got beat.  

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Sour grapes.  You can find a number of plays that would have changed the game either way.  Your club got beat.  

That was exactly my point and why I listed off plays that didn't go the saints way to mock him. Those type of plays happen to every team in every game. It's  football. 

Bottom line is, the vikes did enough to lose that game in true vikes fashion, but got bailed out by a fluke play by a team that found a way to out choke the vikes. I just hope the curse didn't get transferred over to the saints. 

The vikes are the best team remaining, but as they have for years, the football gods will rain on their parade. The further they make it into the playoffs, the more it'll hurt. Not every team will out Choke the vikes, they're season vets. Enjoy this divisional championship! Maybe they'll even put up a banner 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

That was exactly my point and why I listed off plays that didn't go the saints way to mock him. Those type of plays happen to every team in every game, it's football. 

Bottom line is, the vikes did enough to lose that game in true vikes fashion, but got bailed out by a fluke play by a team that found a way to out choke the vikes. I just hope the curse didn't get transferred over to the saints. 

The vikes are the best team remaining, but as they have for years, the football gods will rain on their parade. The further they make it into the playoffs, the more it'll hurt. 

Your exact point appears to keep lobbing cheap shots at a team that just beat yours.  Poor form.

The Vikes surely can still get beat this year but the Saints can't.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

And if it wasn't for the bounty program that the Saints coaches put together in 2009, they would still be without a Super Bowl, too.  And still without so much as a Super Bowl appearance, even though they're only six years younger than the Vikings are.

You're really going to gloat about super bowl APPEARANCES. That's embarrassing 

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Sorry, how is a Packer fan supposed to know how many super bowls the Vikings have choked in? If they lose their fifth super bowl it will be the record.........

You probably don't have any first-hand recollection or knowledge of them "choking," am I right?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

What's embarrassing about playing in a Super Bowl?

It's embarrassing those two fan bases have to argue about super bowl appearances instead of talking about super bowl wins. Just saying 

and yes I could not even name a year the vikes choked in a super bowl. 

44 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Not really.  Yah, would rather win a SB of course but  better to make it to SB's than not make them at all/solo--e.g. Det, Clev, etc.   What Buffalo did making 4 straight SB's (yes, lost all 4) to me is much more impressive/difficult a task than say a team that makes one (and wins it) say in a 50 year history. 

6 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

It's embarrassing those two fan bases have to argue about super bowl appearances instead of talking about super bowl wins. Just saying 

and yes I could not even name a year the vikes choked in a super bowl. 

So was Green Bay's "choke" against a huge underdog in Denver in the 1990's embarrassing?  Should the Dodgers be embarrassed about losing one of the greatest World Series' ever rhis past fall? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

So was Green Bay's "choke" against a huge underdog in Denver in the 1990's embarrassing?  Should the Dodgers be embarrassed about losing one of the greatest World Series' ever rhis past fall? 

The Dodgers should be embarrassed that they spend all that money and couldn’t make a World Series in 29 years.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, GDPritch said:

Not really.  Yah, would rather win a SB of course but  better to make it to SB's than not make them at all/solo--e.g. Det, Clev, etc.   What Buffalo did making 4 straight SB's (yes, lost all 4) to me is much more impressive/difficult a task than say a team that makes one (and wins it) say in a 50 year history. 

Spoken like a true vikes fan! That's absolutely hilarious. Maybe they'll make you guys runner up rings this season! I really hope you weren't serious about that comment

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

No one is saying making it to the finals and losing is embarrassing. We're saying it's embarrassing when someone has to resort to gloating about more 2nd place finishes because their favorite team has 0 championships.  0 rings is 0 rings. 

1 hour ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

No one is saying making it to the finals and losing is embarrassing. We're saying it's embarrassing when someone has to resort to gloating about more 2nd place finishes because their favorite team has 0 championships.  0 rings is 0 rings. 

Past performance is not a predictor of future results.  

9 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

I'm not gloating about anything.  I'm pointing out that Saints fans shouldn't act like they're the Patriots, Steelers or Cowboys with a deep history of championships.  Instead, they have one Super Bowl win, due to blatantly breaking the rules, and their all time record is a stellar 44% winning percentage.  Not exact the dynasty that you're making them out to be.

Accept the fact that the Saints lost.  It's over.  Many plays could have gone either way.  Penalties called, penalties not called.  It's over.  The Saints lost.  Get over it.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

I'm not gloating about anything.  I'm pointing out that Saints fans shouldn't act like they're the Patriots, Steelers or Cowboys with a deep history of championships.  Instead, they have one Super Bowl win, due to blatantly breaking the rules, and their all time record is a stellar 44% winning percentage.  Not exact the dynasty that you're making them out to be.

Accept the fact that the Saints lost.  It's over.  Many plays could have gone either way.  Penalties called, penalties not called.  It's over.  The Saints lost.  Get over it.

Definitely never thought of them as ever being anywhere near a dynasty and I have accepted this loss. I was able to overcome it fairly fast just remembering that even if the saints never win the superbowl again, that they'll ALWAYS have at least 1 more ring than the Vikes. It's comforting knowing there were always be one fan base to pick on because I can't really argue with packer fans, cowboy fans, pat fans, or even bear fans. You guys should find some browns fans to argue with...I hear misery loves company. You'll have to make sure to remember that advice this time next week. :) 

19 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Definitely never thought of them as ever being anywhere near a dynasty and I have accepted this loss. I was able to overcome it fairly fast just remembering that even if the saints never win the superbowl again, that they'll ALWAYS have at least 1 more ring than the Vikes. It's comforting knowing there were always be one fan base to pick on because I can't really argue with packer fans, cowboy fans, pat fans, or even bear fans. You guys should find some browns fans to argue with...I hear misery loves company. You'll have to make sure to remember that advice this time next week. :) 

giphy.webp