SiouxSports.com Forum

Minnesota Vikings 2017 2018

Fetch

Vikings vs. Lions at U.S. Bank Stadium, 12 Noon CT, Fox

My biggest key to the game? Putting Xavier Rhodes on Golden Tater Tot III and give him safety help over the top. Shut his a$$ down. I cannot stand the guy and he is their best receiver right now. Those are two good reasons to do this.

Skol Vikings!!!

13 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

The Bears can be tough at home (pushed Atlanta to the limit, beat Pittsburgh), but are absolute garbage on the road. Last night was further proof of that. It was also further proof that Bradford is not healthy and needs to sit until he is.

A win is a win and I'll take it.

SKOL VIKINGS!!!

Wasn't the game at Soldier Field?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2017 at 6:44 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

Man the more I heard it thrown around, the more I think Teddy is going to be starting sometime this year and I do not know what to think of it. 

Not a Viking fan in the least but Keenum has been the man for this team.  Teddy will surely have some rust after being out of action for a year plus so I say ride Case as long as you can.

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 6:44 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

Man the more I heard it thrown around, the more I think Teddy is going to be starting sometime this year and I do not know what to think of it. 

Hoping he can get some mop-up duty before starting.  It would be tough to just walk in and start a game after not playing for so long.

13 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Not a Viking fan in the least but Keenum has been the man for this team.  Teddy will surely have some rust after being out of action for a year plus so I say ride Case as long as you can.

5 hours ago, siouxforcefans said:

Hoping he can get some mop-up duty before starting.  It would be tough to just walk in and start a game after not playing for so long.

If Bradford never messed up his knee, I don't think this decision is being considered.  They would have put him on IR and called it good.  But as it stands, it is asking a lot for Bridgewater to come in after a year and a half from a very significant injury and not be rusty, be on the same page, etc.  Case has done alright and I agree he should stay as the guy for now.  If they still had Cook, I might answer this question differently. 

The next three games out of the bye will be telling, its possible for the Vikings to lose all 3 and have the division be a muddled mess (and give Green Bay hope to hang on for A-Rog to come back potentially and give the Lions the critical tiebreaker over Minnesota) or to win all 3 and be in a good spot in the division and playoff race (would be a least 2 games up on either Detroit or Green Bay but this gap could be  larger). 

Do I think they could win a SB with they way Case is playing?  Unlikely.  Do I think they could make the playoffs and win 1 game with him.  I do. 

My gut feeling:  Teddy gets activated and is the backup and is starting the last regular season game at home verses the Bears. 

Sounds like Teddy has looked very good in practices. I know it will take him some time to get back to game speed but if he is completely healthy which it seems he is he is a better option than Keenum. Keenum is a solid backup QB but that is all he is. He is very inconsistent not just from game to game but drive to drive and even at times throw to throw. They put Teddy on the pup to give him time to make sure he was healthy even though there were some reports that said he was healthy enough and could have started the season on the active roster. I'm sure a whole lot of people didn't expect Teddy to be back this quickly but it just shows the type of person Teddy is and his incredible work ethic.

• 2 weeks later...

Keenum should remain starter - I think all the BS talk of his return is mainly a motivator to keep Keenum improving 

With more & more confidence & keeping the no fear of going for it serves us well - Let him play his game without getting in his head - He has overall been great - Maybe learn in some sinarios learn to throw the ball away - but as good as the recivers have been especially Theilen the odds he catches the ball are in our favor