SiouxSports.com Forum

Minnesota Vikings 2017 2018

Fetch

13 minutes ago, Cratter said:

But he didn't. He's healthy now and ready to play football.

Same with Sam Bradford. He's healthy and ready to play football.

Just don't quite get the hey, you're injured and we're moving on type mentality.

Like he was to start the season? Then an injury flares up and he can't play. The Vikings don't want to waste the talent they have up and down the roster on guys that have a HUGE injury risk a the most important position on the field.

Good grief, that would be like the Timberwolves hedging their playoff hopes on someone like Derrick Rose ..... :ohmy::blink::lol:

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Add Kurt Cousins a year from now. ;)

The Eagles are looking to replace Wentz right?

I know you get into your contrarian moods for giggles, but I'll bite.  Talent-wise, no comparison.  Bridgewater was never a shoo-in MVP at any point of any season.  Second, we are talking arthroscopy versus vascular surgery to save a limb.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Cratter said:

So if Sam Bradford goes to the Cardinals, Casey Kennum goes to the Broncos, and Teddy Bridgewater goes to the Jets, how many of them start for their perspective teams?

Bradford will start (at least until his knee gives out)

Case will start

Teddy is the question mark (which is why the Vikings are resting all of their hopes on him). Does anyone really want to put all of our hopes on a guy who may not be able to start for the Jets? I hope he finds success, but I didn't completely trust him before his injury, I certainly don't trust him after ...not until he shows otherwise.

9 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Since Keenum & Bradford took the Vikings to the NFC title game last year, I'd assume anything less than that will be a big disappointment.

Basically the next two or three years for Zimmer and Spielman is win a Super Bowl or you're fired.   

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

But he didn't. He's healthy now and ready to play football.

Same with Sam Bradford. He's healthy and ready to play football.

Just don't quite get the hey, you're injured and we're moving on type mentality.

I get it . . . when an injury puts you out for years, or you seem to get injured about every third game.

It's a business.  They are paid to play, not set at home in a recliner waiting for another MRI result.

I know, it stinks.  It goes against everything I was brought up to believe.  But if it's my money, I pay the guys that play.

23 minutes ago, 77iceman said:

I was hoping for Keenum (start) and Bradford (backup).  just sayin

Keenum is going to get at least $36 million/2 year from Denver and Bradford is getting $20 million ($15 guaranteed)/1 year with a 1 year team option for $20 million from Arizona. Getting both back was never a reality, both want a chance to be a starter and earn longer contracts and looks like they'll both get their shot. Teddy probably is as well with the Jets.

3 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

You neglected to mention that Cousins has been stuck playing for one of the most dysfunctional franchises in the NFL. Tom Brady couldn't turn the Redskins into a winner, not with man-child Daniel Snyder as the owner of the team.

I hope I am wrong about Cousins.  One Super bowl victory in the next 3 years will prove me wrong.

If I was gonna overpay for someone it would be Cousins over Bradford and Keenum. Both Bradford and Keenum are gonna get right around $20 million a year and I don't think they're are worth anything near that. I like Bridgewater but with all the time he has missed it is hard to know if he is anything close to the player he was before. Hopefully he can win the job with the Jets and have a good year and cash in in the future.