SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Football 360

geaux_sioux

33 minutes ago, shep said:

Good listen-Kelly Howe needs a better mic.

Both said Keaton needs to get a better start this season.

They said that this board talks a lot about Helgren.  Did I miss something? He's been mentioned, but not a lot.

I ran into Helgren last winter when his sister was playing for Edina in a HS basketball game that I was at.    Brock Boltmann was with him also.  They were very nice young men and I hope they do well at UND.

1 hour ago, shep said:

Good listen-Kelly Howe needs a better mic.

Both said Keaton needs to get a better start this season.

They said that this board talks a lot about Helgren.  Did I miss something? He's been mentioned, but not a lot.

We used to talk a lot about him when he first came in but he was injured and didn't participate for basically his entire first year. That made everything die down.

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Per Shannon Schweigert, UND football announcement this afternoon. Anyone have any guesses?

my employer could sue for this. My attention on Friday's is lackluster at best to begin with; now we are going to throw in a Friday afternoon reveal for me to speculate about?

• Upvote 3

Wide Receiver - This position group is rock solid in the Top 3 with a bit of unknown on the backend. The true sophomore basketball-turned-football players, Noah Wanzek 6’4”) and Travis Toivonen (6’3”), have both had outstanding fall camps and should be ready to lead an improving UND passing game. Wanzek will be the go-to guy all fall and will be a darkhorse for post-season honors. Senior Demun Mercer (6’2”) is right there with them and after his breakout second half of the season in 2016, he should be ready to dominate, once again. The #4 spot is up for grabs but if true freshman Izzy Adeoti can get healed up from his knicks and bumps, the spot could be his. He is the shorter, quicker, faster slot guy that UND was missing last season. 

I see they don't mention Luke Stanley here and have not heard much on him in fall camp. Is he still not 100% from his injury last year?

25 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

Wide Receiver - This position group is rock solid in the Top 3 with a bit of unknown on the backend. The true sophomore basketball-turned-football players, Noah Wanzek 6’4”) and Travis Toivonen (6’3”), have both had outstanding fall camps and should be ready to lead an improving UND passing game. Wanzek will be the go-to guy all fall and will be a darkhorse for post-season honors. Senior Demun Mercer (6’2”) is right there with them and after his breakout second half of the season in 2016, he should be ready to dominate, once again. The #4 spot is up for grabs but if true freshman Izzy Adeoti can get healed up from his knicks and bumps, the spot could be his. He is the shorter, quicker, faster slot guy that UND was missing last season. 

I see they don't mention Luke Stanley here and have not heard much on him in fall camp. Is he still not 100% from his injury last year?

Could be that some of the other talent is just passing him up. Not necessarily a knock on Stanley. I think he is still a steady receiver; this is more a product of UND bringing in high end talent and developing depth around Luke.

1 hour ago, GoHawks said:

Interesting.....  

Mercer was the clear #1 WR the last few games last year, especially against Northern AZ and Richmond.