SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Attendance

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

34 minutes ago, NoDakFan said:

So as a student, if you are unable to get a free ticket, you can purchase one from the alerus on gameday for $5. I'm not sure where they place you there - but I know multiple that had to do that. .

Last Saturday, in Sec 211 and top 19 rows of corner sections 210 218.

Now for Mont St, next home game, section 211 & all of corner sections 210 218 are blanked out, don't know if it will stay that way, so may be they expanded tickets for students to around 4,000.

5 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Now for Mont St, next home game, section 211 & all of corner sections 210 218 are blanked out, don't know if it will stay that way, so may be they expanded tickets for students to around 4,000.

It's Military Appreciation / Family weekend, which would be my guess on the additional sections being blocked off.

9 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Can't imagine UND having the student interest to get 4,000 in the building. NDSU occasionally has "trouble" getting there. 

39 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

Attendance not going to be as high against Montana St as we thought it would because of last weekends game?

Season is far from over...hope the fans realize that!   The players need to regroup and forget Saturdays meltdown. (^%#! I'm still pissed!)  Hoping for 11000-12000 Saturday to support the team. As always, I will lose my voice by halftime

mont st brings a good team to the Al but UND is more then capable of beating them. They will not do what they did in vermillion. No way! 

Image result for alerus center seating capacity

Tickets available as of Monday morning for Montana St. game at the Hawk's Nest

258 tickets West side (student section side).

702 tickets East side.

Visiting team has about 200 in  Sec217.  Students have large area blocked out? Potential for some to become available.

As of now, 960 tickets available.

Football.PNG

Doesn't history show that attendance is driven by opponent, time of year and event (first game of year, homecoming). We know the weekend of deer hunting means a huge dropoff no matter what. Trend is up, the last 2000 seats will always ebb and flow, that is just 15% of tickets.

22 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Doesn't history show that attendance is driven by opponent, time of year and event (first game of year, homecoming). We know the weekend of deer hunting means a huge dropoff no matter what. Trend is up, the last 2000 seats will always ebb and flow, that is just 15% of tickets.

I haven't missed deer opener weekend in ND for years, plan on going to E. Washington game, a least as of now.  I'll still hunt on Friday afternoon, but not Sat and Sun. 

12 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Gotta love fair weather fans!!  Wait....I mean fake fans.  If you were a real fan of UND football before the USD game, you are still a fan today.  I choose to be a fan of UND through the good times and the bad.  From winning the National Championship in 2001, to losing to Sioux falls at home.  If the win by 34 or lose by 38, I will still support this team the same.  Others have the same line of thinking.  Just wish there weren't so many that don't.

I'm still a fan I just can't justify driving back 4 hours to Forks after driving 5 hours on Friday for work. Will be back for homecoming. 

32 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I for one, will be missing the Montana State game after watching that drubbing in person. They have to prove something to me in order for me to validate driving 4+ hours. Will, however, be watching on TV. 

I have a 5 1/2 hour drive.  Nine of us will be at the game and hope to get 2 or 3 hours tailgating.  Up at 5am and on the road on Sat morning.

• Upvote 4

We don't have 12k+ die hard fan's.  If we did this thread wouldn't exist.  For people to spend their hard-earned money and time they expect to have a good time.  A lot of people have other things going on in their lives and when UND puts up a stinker like that UND football moves further down on their priority list.  Just a fact.  I'm a diehard UND fan for all sports and plan to be at the game this weekend.  Any win of the rest of the year until the playoffs is going to be dismissed as a win against a team in a weak conference.  Need to make playoffs and win a game or 2 to be seen as quality football team.

• Upvote 2