SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Attendance

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

Just checked Ticketmaster

Section 211 next to the 3 student sections is blanked out. This is the same section where the top half was yellowed out, on an earlier post in this thread, for the students. The top 16 rows in each of the 2 corner sections 210 & 218 on student side are now also blanked out.

Sections 214, 213, 212 are blanked out for Student section.

Bottom of section 217 is blanked out for visiting team, were there is a potential for some tickets not sold by Missouri St. to become available.

Side sections except the 4 corners have 433 tickets available, just about all are in visitor's section 217.

4 Corner sections have 910 tickets available.

In short there are 400 seats left on the sidelines and 900 seats available off the side of the end zones.

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 9:04 PM, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Fans,

The Hawk's Perch sold out at 3,140 fans for a WVB game. 1st in UND history, and it was a great game, we swept NDSU.

Now let's sell out the Hawk's Nest for Missouri St. 1,000 more season tickets sold this year.

The Golden Egg has a weekend with $99 tickets per seat against the goofs and sold out. Season tickets sold out.

Should have great attendance at all UND games this seasonl

Is it going to be the ....   Hawk's Cooler  when hockey season starts?

• Downvote 1

So I went o ticketmaster and went to the map to count blue dots, which indicate seats that have not been sold.  As of 12:45pm today, there are only 1303 seats available (not counting the student section and the visitors section.  So if the Student section is sold out and they all show up, and they get the typical amount of walkup ticket sales, the attendance should have no problem being over 11,000.  

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So I went o ticketmaster and went to the map to count blue dots, which indicate seats that have not been sold.  As of 12:45pm today, there are only 1303 seats available (not counting the student section and the visitors section.  So if the Student section is sold out and they all show up, and they get the typical amount of walkup ticket sales, the attendance should have no problem being over 11,000.  

I think it will be over 12,000 pretty easy -

4 hours ago, AJS said:

In recent memory, this is the fewest tickets I can remember being available a day before the game. Should be a great crowd tomorrow!

They'll even sell standing room tickets. The Hawk's Nest has exceptionally great standing room tickets were you can go on the catwalks off the end zones. Some fans with seats even go stand there.

23 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Missouri state kickback tickets are now on ticketmaster so there's a little more than 100 more tickets available now. Those are the best seasts available, too. 

You beat me to it with visitors tickets returned. With those tickets added in minus what was sold today we are at about 1300 tickets available again tonight. There are also standing room tickets available beyond that.

What's the record attendance for a home game? I remember a homecoming game vs Northern Colorado in 1995. I believe there was over 13,000 at that game. It was packed. People lined up in both end zones with some portable bleachers as well. 

17 minutes ago, bang said:

What's the record attendance for a home game? I remember a homecoming game vs Northern Colorado in 1995. I believe there was over 13,000 at that game. It was packed. People lined up in both end zones with some portable bleachers as well. 

I believe it is somewhere around 13,500 against NDSU.

42 minutes ago, bang said:

Standing room tickets also would have some kind of limit, hope we hit that some time this year. The season is here where we fill the Hawk's Nest, going to be a great year for the fan attendance.

• Upvote 1

2017 Potato Bowl Attendance  12,047

2016 Potato Bowl Attendance  11,477

2015 Potato Bowl Attendance     9,865

2014 Potato Bowl Attendance     9,118

President Kennedy out on the field for the coin toss, just adds a little. All the little things are going to pay dividends. 

Need to get the fans in through those doors faster somehow.

Edited by BarnWinterSportsEngelstad
Added two more years
  • Upvote 4

Just now, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

2017 Potato Bowl Attendance  12,047

2016 Potato Bowl Attendance  11,477

President Kennedy out on the field for the coin toss, just adds a little. All the little things are going to pay dividends. 

Need to get the fans in through those doors faster somehow.

I got to meet Pres Kennedy last week at the UND tailgate in Utah and I talked with him for a few minutes. Originally I liked the hire but that short conversation sealed the deal so to speak for me. He seems to get it and I can tell he really cares about the University. I believe we are in good hands going forward.

We went to the south east entrance. Lines were long but for the most eastern door. It was moving so fast, I asked if it was for some type of special ticket but realized there are no special tickets and walked right in.

The lines for the Rhombus beer/roast beef concession was long as always (didn't have Rhombus last year) and I wish they could split the beef from the beer and have 2 separate ones.

6 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

I got to meet Pres Kennedy last week at the UND tailgate in Utah and I talked with him for a few minutes. Originally I liked the hire but that short conversation sealed the deal so to speak for me. He seems to get it and I can tell he really cares about the University. I believe we are in good hands going forward.

Agree, we do gave a good Pres. Also saw him on the floor in front of the band during the Wednesday VB just before I took the picture of band that I posted on VB thread.

On 9/8/2017 at 0:08 PM, ND1 said:

UND just announced that the student tickets have been sold out!

I wonder if there is a way of finding out of the 12G tickets sold, how many were actually student tickets? Just from watching the tickets disappear over the week on ticketmaster, I'm guessing they allowed students more tickets than the usual 3 sections 214, 213, 212.  About mid week section 211 blanked out, and on Firday upper portions of corner sections 210 & 218 (19 top rows)  blanked out. Maybe, all to the students?