SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Attendance

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

6 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Attendance is growing. Last weekends game was anything but booring.

And once we get past all the injuries and Mary Jane incidents, we'll get even bigger crowds as this program begins to have big-time success. We are closer to that than most people think.

Just now, fightingsioux4life said:

And once we get past all the injuries and Mary Jane incidents, we'll get even bigger crowds as this program begins to have big-time success. We are closer to that than most people think.

Agree, we would of been close to there already if it weren't for those few sprained fingers. Had over 12,000 for the first two games.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Agree, we would of been close to there already if it weren't for those few sprained fingers. Had over 12,000 for the first two games.

Potato Bowl and Homecoming typically seem to have the largest turnout.  So selling out for the MSU game, which was neither of those, is a pretty good sign in my opinion.  We've lost some of that momentum with everything that has happened since then, but I think we'll be able to get it back next year.  Definitely have to have a better start to the season next year! 

5 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Potato Bowl and Homecoming typically seem to have the largest turnout.  So selling out for the MSU game, which was neither of those, is a pretty good sign in my opinion.  We've lost some of that momentum with everything that has happened since then, but I think we'll be able to get it back next year.  Definitely have to have a better start to the season next year! 

2016 attendance for 1st 3 games at the Hawk's Nest

11,477  9-17    SD Potato Bowl

10,097 10-1     Cal Poly Military Apr

10,506 10-15   S Utah   Homecoing

This year first two games were over 12,000 and Homecoming was over 10,000. Improvement from last year.

7 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Capacity          2017     Attendance

45,807 Rice-Eccles Utah     45,905

12,283 Alerus Missouri St  12,047

10,000 DakotaDome SD       9,645

12,283 Alerus  Mont St       12,342

10,743 Aggie St  UC Davi     9,508

12,283 Alerus N Colorado 10, 234

13,300 is fire code capacity, will have to sell 1,000 GA standing tickets.  This will be a challenge.

If our student body participation was that of "Michigan", around 30%, we'd be at or higher than 13,300.

5 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

13,300 is fire code capacity, will have to sell 1,000 GA standing tickets.  This will be a challenge.

If our student body participation was that of "Michigan", around 30%, we'd be at or higher than 13,300.

They have put bleechers up along the endzones, don't know what rules are on that. Maybe wouldn't be that many stanging tickets outside the CatWalk. How many people would you think stand on one CatWalk? TheBigUND stands up there, maybe he has a good estimate?

On 10/11/2017 at 3:46 PM, gundy1124 said:

If we are going to look at Michigan and Alabama.......let's at least get the percentages established.

UND has 2,000 student seats for 14,223 enrollment 

One of out every four students that are enrolled at UND are "distant only" students.

The amount of full time students in the "football attending demographics of a student at UND" is probably 9,000 or less.

*not that it makes your point any less valid.

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

One of out every four students that are enrolled at UND are "distant only" students.

The amount of full time students in the "football attending demographics of a student at UND" is probably 9,000 or less.

*not that it makes your point any less valid.

The 3 student sections 241-212 hold about 2175 seats. They have been sold out for the 3 homes games this year so far, in fact additional students purchased tickets for $5. And many more students show up for tailgating and don't go to the game.

11 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Heck, I might have trouble getting my a$$ up for a 12:30pm kickoff. ;)

This could well be a problem - too many people caught up in Gophermania weekend, and the football game falls by the wayside for them.  I've faced the fact that I won't get to the volleyball game Saturday morning, but the 4 of us will be at football and hockey.  Since we drive back and forth from Fargo, that's just all that we're going to make it for.

• Upvote 1

On 10/18/2017 at 8:02 AM, siouxforcefans said:

This could well be a problem - too many people caught up in Gophermania weekend, and the football game falls by the wayside for them.  I've faced the fact that I won't get to the volleyball game Saturday morning, but the 4 of us will be at football and hockey.  Since we drive back and forth from Fargo, that's just all that we're going to make it for.

It's possible this could help things too.  People might be more likely to want to tailgate/attend the football game as part of pregaming for hockey.

14 minutes ago, streetsahead said:

It's possible this could help things too.  People might be more likely to want to tailgate/attend the football game as part of pregaming for hockey.

I'm guessing attendance at 8000-8500. 

21 minutes ago, streetsahead said:

I would, some of my favorite sports days are football mid day and then night cap hockey game.