SiouxSports.com Forum

Fall Camp Updates 2017

geaux_sioux

4 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

What do you two(Geax sioux and teeder11) think at ilb?  I'm assuming Rodgers looked solid because no comments either way.  Who will other 3 ilb be?  What about geier?  Is disterhaupt still taking reps there?

Rodgers is the lock and it's looking like they are grooming Noah Larson to be the other so they can keep Disterhaupt outside on the edge. After that, I like Geier, Rastas and Nevermann. Disterhaupt has been mostly playing outside lately opposite Palmborg and Haas.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

Rodgers is the lock and it's looking like they are grooming Noah Larson to be the other so they can keep Disterhaupt outside on the edge. After that, I like Geier, Rastas and Nevermann. Disterhaupt has been mostly playing outside lately opposite Palmborg and Haas.

Just saw this.  Sounds like the staff is definitely considering Larson.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/4311591-und-looking-pulling-redshirt-freshman-linebacker

1 hour ago, Fry Bread said:

Any pro scouts at the scrimmage?

None that I saw.... wouldn't have been much for them to look at since most of the to-be draft eligible players didn't play much as emphasis was on the younger guys. Earlier in the week, the Saints, Texans, Lions and Steelers visited UND first and then headed down to NDSU the next day on an I-29 swing.

So the linebacker situation is shifting a bit again it seems?  Haas is solid . . . Noah is making himself known.

Any idea Where Disterhaupt will land when game one comes around?  Haven't head much about Jade, either.

Those two were solid at OLB last year and I was hoping to see those two pair up for some "Sack City" fun this season.

11 minutes ago, 77iceman said:

So the linebacker situation is shifting a bit again it seems?  Haas is solid . . . Noah is making himself known.

Any idea Where Disterhaupt will land when game one comes around?  Haven't head much about Jade, either.

Those two were solid at OLB last year and I was hoping to see those two pair up for some "Sack City" fun this season.

Hard to figure out.  According to Teeder, Saturday started out with Palmborg and Disterhaupt at OLB and Rodgers and Larson at ILB.  Probably just seeing how Larson would react.  Have not heard much about Geier and Rastas either.

23 minutes ago, 77iceman said:

Jade sat out the scrimmage. Apparently he's had a great camp.

I made it out to Memorial Stadium for the last hour of practice today.

Coaches laid into the boys pretty good after a lackluster day on the practice field. Need more focus, need more fire and need to clean up errors if they're going to want to compete in three weeks and beyond.

Other observances:

• J.J. practiced today in shorts and helmet and took limited reps after getting his bell rung toward the end of Saturday' scrimmage. He was moving around pretty good albeit in limited reps.
  • Seibel also was not fully dressed and limited in reps after getting bumped around during Saturday's scrimmage.
  • Young LB Noah Larson, who's pushing to start aside Rodgers at Middle linebacker, tweaked something in his lower body today. He took it easy after that. Hard to say to what extent this will effect his ability to get more reps in the coming weeks.
  • Eagle eye Tom Miller of the Herald noticed today that Tobin took reps with the 1s at left guard, the spot recently held by Dan Bell. Bell took reps with the 2s today. 
  • Izzy Adeoti and Toivonnen had the most productive day at receiver hauling in catches on long and short patterns. Toivonnen showed deceptive speed when he got behind the secondary for a long TD catch.... Izzy had an equally impressive medium to long TD reception with Disterhaupt hot on his heels, which is impressive if you know how fast Izzy can move.
  • Finally, Kyle Heiptas and Ty Shannon made their presence known in the secondary today with a few PBUs and INTS between the two of them.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Teeder11 said:

I made it out to Memorial Stadium for the last hour of practice today.

Coaches laid into the boys pretty good after a lackluster day on the practice field. Need more focus, need more fire and need to clean up errors if they're going to want to compete in three weeks and beyond.

Other observances:

• J.J. practiced today in shorts and helmet and took limited reps after getting his bell rung toward the end of Saturday' scrimmage. He was moving around pretty good albeit in limited reps.
  • Seibel also was not fully dressed and limited in reps after getting bumped around during Saturday's scrimmage.
  • Young LB Noah Larson, who's pushing to start aside Rodgers at Middle linebacker, tweaked something in his lower body today. He took it easy after that. Hard to say to what extent this will effect his ability to get more reps in the coming weeks.
  • Eagle eye Tom Miller of the Herald noticed today that Tobin took reps with the 1s at left guard, the spot recently held by Dan Bell. Bell took reps with the 2s today. 
  • Izzy Adeoti and Toivonnen had the most productive day at receiver hauling in catches on long and short patterns. Toivonnen showed deceptive speed when he got behind the secondary for a long TD catch.... Izzy had an equally impressive medium to long TD reception with Disterhaupt hot on his heels, which is impressive if you know how fast Izzy can move.
  • Finally, Kyle Heiptas and Ty Shannon made their presence known in the secondary today with a few PBUs and INTS between the two of them.

bell instead of cox??? interesting.

1 minute ago, Teeder11 said:

Just FYI... since I am back to work, I won't be able to make it out to Memorial Stadium at all tomorrow morning. Damn meetings!!!!

Does anyone else find this unacceptable?

jk, thanks for all the reading material you have given us thus far.

• Upvote 2