SiouxSports.com Forum

Fall Camp Updates 2017

geaux_sioux

On 8/17/2017 at 10:32 AM, Herd said:

Do the teams also do testing outside of what the NCAA does for playoff competition?   Seem like a lot of this stuff is uncovered at playoff time in general at the FCS level.

I know I'm a little late to chime in on this, but I'm told the team does test randomly during the season. If you're going to have a guy make a dumb decision and ends up testing positive, you don't want to wait until after a playoff game to find out.

2 minutes ago, LkvlleUNDFan said:

I know I'm a little late to chime in on this, but I'm told the team does test randomly during the season. If you're going to have a guy make a dumb decision and ends up testing positive, you don't want to wait until after a playoff game to find out.

Positive tests by the team usually carry a much less harsh penalty than the NCAA ones. Those are basically a year for anything.

11 minutes ago, lets eat said:

Apparently Heidlebaugh doesn't suck as bad as some of you thought!!!!!  

He was solid in backup duty last year.  <-- sarcasm.  

In all seriousness I am happy to see the improvement you would expect.  Competition is a good thing for all. 

1 hour ago, RavenousUte said:

This was really good interview, though the information is a little out dated now.  Amazing how things change in just a week.

Absolutely, I like when the opposing team play by play announcers get together and chat. Next Thursday can't come soon enough!