SiouxSports.com Forum

Fall Camp Updates 2017

geaux_sioux

1 hour ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Good kid...lapse in judgement costs him a season.

Penalty is too harsh IMO. The NCAA trying to match the NFL Commish with being judge, jury, executioner.

5 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

No clue. But I think it pretty much seals the deal on his red shirt staying intact IMHO.

No doubt. And you're right on the rs being pulled for Izzy. Mckinney's injury will sideline him for awhile, so he will redshirt. 

47 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Yeah no kidding...it is just one thing after another. Seems like the IR list is as long as the healthy list. 

Like every year, the IR is made up mostly of young guys, true freshman who haven't learned how to pace themselves for the rigors of fall camp. There are some exceptions, of course.

1 minute ago, Teeder11 said:

Like every year, the IR is made up mostly of young guys, true freshman who haven't learned how to pace themselves for the rigors of fall camp. There are some exceptions, of course.

Could it have to do with 18 year olds practicing against 22 year olds? 

9 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Could it have to do with 18 year olds practicing against 22 year olds? 

Not really... they all go through a similar progression and usually sometime between RS freshman and RS soph season it clicks and they figure out how to practice hard and still save their bodies at the same time. Santiago was an exception to this. I've never seen him sit out a fall camp rep. 

I imagine some of you go check out bisonville from time to time? Man oh MAN do they harp about Bubba, Grand Forks, the Big Sky and anything UND... CONSTANTLY. Has it always been that bad, or are they just more hateful and worried with UND's football program upsurging as of recent? I get the long standing rivalry and everything, but they sure seem like an overly abhorrent and arrogant group for following a team with so much success recently. You'd think it would be the opposite? SS doesn't talk about NDSU nearly as often, and when it's brought up, it's usually reasonable and within the conversation... aka civil. It carries over onto anygivensaturday as well. It's nuts! They make gopher fans look like respectable rivals IMO. 

Either way, from my point of view it sure seems like they're nervous about UND surpassing them in football to be talking about them so often. Masked by crude insults and remarks. They don't even play UND this season, yet they talk about UND's schedule more often than their own. 

40 minutes ago, AJS said:

I'm guessing they knew the results, just took this long for someone to report on it.

This sounds like UND staff knew about it, wasn't going to report it, but got caught????? That can't be right.

One failed test is a FULL SEASON??

12 minutes ago, shep said:

This sounds like UND staff knew about it, wasn't going to report it, but got caught????? That can't be right.

Not sure I'm following you, but it's my understanding that UND coaches made the decision a long time ago (well before camp started) to suspend AG for the season and AG was well aware of it. I found out last week that he wasnt going to play this season.  I chose not to say anything about it until it was officially reported. That happened today. There are student privacy rules at play here that limits what UND can say. If anything it is UND that has taken the hard high road here and AG respects the decision and has worked his ass off on the practice field despite it all. 

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, shep said:

Per NCAA: The penalty for a positive test for a performance-enhancing drug (PED) is strict and automatic: student-athletes lose one full year of eligibility for the first offense (25 percent of their total eligibility) and are withheld from competition for 365 days from the date of the test. A second positive test for a PED results in the loss of all remaining eligibility.