Top FR 2017

geaux_sioux

19 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

1.Ray Haas

2. Izzy Adeoti

3. Noah Larson

4. Cam McKinney

5. Hayden Blubaugh

This is pretty much what I would have said.

Biggest think I'm torn on is if Adeoti and Griebel both get their RS pulled along with Mckinney (who I am assuming will not RS as he was with the team in the spring (right?).

A lot of talent coming in!

5 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

This is pretty much what I would have said.

Biggest think I'm torn on is if Adeoti and Griebel both get their RS pulled along with Mckinney (who I am assuming will not RS as he was with the team in the spring (right?).

A lot of talent coming in!

Totally agree on Mikey... the kid, like Noah and Hayden, just appear to be more college ready than even some of our current RS Frosh.  I debated adding Mikey but only 5 slots. It was a coin flip.

23 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Totally agree on Mikey... the kid, like Noah and Hayden, just appear to be more college ready than even some of our current RS Frosh.  I debated adding Mikey but only 5 slots. It was a coin flip.

Sounds like you have actually seen the incoming freshman in the flesh?  If so, I would have to agree with you.

1. Ray Haas

2. Izzy Adeoti

3. Noah Larson

4. Cam McKinney

5. Hayden Blubaugh

1. Noah Larson

2. Ray Haas

3. Hayden Blubaugh

4. Cam McKinney/Izzy/Mikey (I think only one of the three loses their RS)

5. Jaxson Turner

EDIT:  I really wanted to add Zeke Ott, but I think our depth on the DL will keep his shirt on unless he's a bigger stud than I thought.

6 minutes ago, Hambone said:

1. Noah Larson

2. Ray Haas

3. Hayden Blubaugh

5. Jaxson Turner

EDIT:  I really wanted to add Zeke Ott, but I think our depth on the DL will keep his shirt on unless he's a bigger stud than I thought.

Agree on Ott. Get him through freshman weights and he will be a monster.

6 minutes ago, Hambone said:

1. Noah Larson

2. Ray Haas

3. Hayden Blubaugh

5. Jaxson Turner

He was a pretty hyped recruit, but I do hope to see him RS. Kid could be a monster after a year or two.

49 minutes ago, Hambone said:

1. Noah Larson

2. Ray Haas

3. Hayden Blubaugh

5. Jaxson Turner

I am closer to this list.  I think IZZY redshirts and Cam plays right away, and Mikey Griebel works into the line-up  (you guys will know why soon enough)

1.  Ray Haas - have you seen him lately?

2. Cam Mckinney

3. Noah Larson

4. Hayden Blubaugh

5. Randolph (wild card pick)

HM - Griebel - I think he plays this year

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Are people picking Blubaugh just because of the Harris injury?

For me, yes.  If we have Harris I think we have the depth where he can redshirt.  Since the injury happened, I think HB will potentially get some quality reps this year.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Hambone said:

1. Noah Larson

2. Ray Haas

3. Hayden Blubaugh

5. Jaxson Turner

I don't have a Top 5, but I think whichever of these guys loses their RS would be my number 1 because they will be our speed guy and be very important to be able to stretch the defense and have a big impact on the entire offense, even when they don't get the ball.  One of those guys gets a couple deep balls and big plays earlier in the year, defenses will have to be a bit more honest and be thinking about them. 

2 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

I am closer to this list.  I think IZZY redshirts and Cam plays right away, and Mikey Griebel works into the line-up  (you guys will know why soon enough)

Does this have something to do with RBs? I had heard something would be different in the backfield or something but I have no idea what that means. 

51 minutes ago, Class_of_98 said:

I'm going to say it and I know I'll get flack but Santiago needs to move to the slot and Oliveira and Johannesson start with  a heavy rotation from Gordon.

It's not preposterous. Kid is so versatile and we are deep at RB. I think he should play a hybrid role.

11 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

It's not preposterous. Kid is so versatile and we are deep at RB. I think he should play a hybrid role.

The best coaches are able to maximize the talents of their players to create mismatches and confuse the opposition. Hopefully they're able to come up with creative and effective ways to get everyone involved.

10 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

The best coaches are able to maximize the talents of their players to create mismatches and confuse the opposition. Hopefully they're able to come up with creative and effective ways to get everyone involved.

Agreed, Rudolph has a lot of tools this year. Time to maximize the potential of this offense. Zero reason that we can't put up big numbers every game.

I'm hoping one of the young guys at Safety takes the job and runs with it (E.g. Randolph or Canady). we've got some depth back there in terms of guys that we feel have talent, but they just haven't been tested to know exactly what we have back there just yet.

1. Jaxson Turner

2. McKinney

3. Randolph

4. Haas

5. Larson

Also, not freshman, but a couple guys who were limited last year that I'm hoping have big years are Cloyd and Engwall.....

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Class_of_98 said:

I'm going to say it and I know I'll get flack but Santiago needs to move to the slot and Oliveira and Johannesson start with  a heavy rotation from Gordon.

I agree with this and I'm quite certain Rudolph is going to try this some non-conference to see how it goes. 

7 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Try what? A quadruple reverse?

Ha, no to the damn reverses at this point. Yes to downhill tough UND football, which is what Oliveira and Johannesson in the backfield will provide. Santiago keeps the defense honest horizontally so him in the slot gets UND's talented big backs on the field more which is where they belong.