SiouxSports.com Forum

Pluto TV on Roku and Big Sky

Hayduke

Hmmm.  I just got an email saying Pluto TV will be showing Bi Sky network on their channel 239.

Now, if you don't know, a Roku device works wirelessly with your TV like a wireless device.  You download apps like a smart phone does to watch different services.  Anyway, Pluto is free on Roku (watch Slow TV... it's a trip. Really.. )so, we have an easier way to watch Big Sky games.  Not sure if there will be different game options, but wth, it's a good start. Of course, until the move to the MVFC and Summit.  Then, we'll have the Sling TV sports channels option.

All of this is good.

Discuss.  Or not.  Lol. 

6 hours ago, Hayduke said:

Hmmm.  I just got an email saying Pluto TV will be showing Bi Sky network on their channel 239.

Now, if you don't know, a Roku device works wirelessly with your TV like a wireless device.  You download apps like a smart phone does to watch different services.  Anyway, Pluto is free on Roku (watch Slow TV... it's a trip. Really.. )so, we have an easier way to watch Big Sky games.  Not sure if there will be different game options, but wth, it's a good start. Of course, until the move to the MVFC and Summit.  Then, we'll have the Sling TV sports channels option.

All of this is good.

Discuss.  Or not.  Lol. 

Big Sky has already been playing on pluto on roku, channels 230 and 231. Last years games, and the players /coaches preseason interviews recently. 

I hope Pluto works better on Roku than it did on my laptop. I downloaded it and it worked fine...twice. The third time only a few channels would load. Next time no channels at all loaded. I suppose the problem could be my OS or something.

Looks to me like Big Sky TV/eversport is still going to be an option except when Root is carrying a game.

17 hours ago, TBR said:

I hope Pluto works better on Roku than it did on my laptop. I downloaded it and it worked fine...twice. The third time only a few channels would load. Next time no channels at all loaded. I suppose the problem could be my OS or something.

Looks to me like Big Sky TV/eversport is still going to be an option except when Root is carrying a game.

I have been using it on my PS4 and the quality has been good. Actually, it has streamed better than the Watch ESPN app. 

3 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

I have been using it on my PS4 and the quality has been good. Actually, it has streamed better than the Watch ESPN app. 

I may have to breakdown and get a Roku.

32 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Has there been any more details on the Utah game? Is there a Pac12 app, or can viewers stream directly from Pac12.com? Free? Apx. Amount?

I think Sling.TV is the way to go on this.  You can get Pac 12 TV with Sling.tv  7 Day free Trial.  Cancel after 7 day's.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Big Green said:

I think Sling.TV is the way to go on this.  You can get Pac 12 TV with Sling.tv  7 Day free Trial.  Cancel after 7 day's.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. I'll probably be up in the DL area during that game, so will probably check with the local bars first. Great to know though.

6 minutes ago, TBR said:

So then, can you get Sling TV on a Roku too. Does it come as a standard app or do you have to download it?

Yes, Sling TV is on the Roku stick.  Along with pretty much every app you could want.  

I tested using the Pluto TV app on my phone, and casting it to chromecast on my TV.  Worked very well, with better quality than I was getting from eversport last year.  Sounds like Roku might be a little better way to go though, since you wouldn't have to use your phone as an intermediary.

8 hours ago, LeaveNoDoubt said:

Just downloaded PlutoTv app and just so happens UND vs Northern Arizona game is on in the fourth quarter! Excited to watch this great ending again!!

Have to tell you, that was kind of a jerk move to mention that was on, as it kept me up later than I was planning :) 

Seriously though, those last 10 minutes were still intense to watch, not sure how I made it through them the first time around. Forgot just how close we came to not pulling off the comeback, between a 3 and out, called back TD, several other penalties, 1st and 35 at one point (I think) .... truly and improbable comeback, but so much fun to watch.

Very impressed with the stream quality, as I just watched it from my phone last night. Looking forward to seeing it via Roku on my TV.

30 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

This app is the big move that we were looking for from the Big Sky last season, when they announce their new app. Funny that this didn't seem to have the build up of the "big announcement" that the app did.

It's because Eversport and which ever developer they worked with failed to deliver what they had promised. 

Pluto TV bought Eversport and already had the infrastructure developed, all they had to do was add the Big Sky channel.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TBR said:

OK, I bought a Roku and set it up last night. I've got Pluto TV and Sling orange with the sports extra option so I think that I'm good to go. Everything seems to be working quite well so far. I would not known about any of these options for viewing my favorite football team without siouxsports.com. One of the reasons I appreciate this website is for just this sort of information. Thanks everyone.

NCHC app on Roku works great for hockey too.

On 7/24/2017 at 11:07 PM, LeaveNoDoubt said:

Just downloaded PlutoTv app and just so happens UND vs Northern Arizona game is on in the fourth quarter! Excited to watch this great ending again!!

Same game starts right now, 8am, on pluto this morning