SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Home Schedule

WiSioux

The home schedule and start times have been released. I feel as though some of you are not going to be pleased.

Sept 9th vs Missouri St @ 4:00pm

Sept 23 vs Montana State @ 2:30pm

Oct 7th vs Northern Colorado @ 2:30pm

Oct 21st vs Sacramento State @ 12:30p

Nov 11th vs Eastern Washington @ 1:00p

8 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

They have to schedule around hockey starting in October.

If UND Football wants their games on TV, there are only certain windows available set by the conference.  And since we have a TV partner who pays UND, I'm quite sure (MidcoSN) would like to get the games they paid for, on.   Of course I'm of the belief that having games on TV can have an affect on attendance, since it's so easy to say, "I think I'll stay home and watch".  So maybe the answer is to have less games on television

The 12:30 start time may have to do with TV because there are three other Dakota D1 schools who have agreements with Midco. This would allow multiple teams to be on the main midco sports channel on the same day. 

Edit- I went and checked the USD and SDSU schedules and they are both on the road on 10/21. That 12:30 time is odd because 1 PM allows plenty of time between football and a 7:07 hockey start.

30 minutes ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

I'm actually glad that we have people complaining about start times.  Shows where we are at.

But, in the big scheme of things......really?...

I hear ya -

I hope our players don't cry about every little thing they don't 100% agree with - 

12 hours ago, UofUUtes said:

Wanna complain about scheduling. Half of Utah's game aren't announced until the week of the game and can start anywhere from 11am local time to 8:30 pm. 

The better UND does, the more the scheduling will be unknown.  It is all dictated by TV.  The better teams in the B1G usually don't know the times 'til 10 days before the game.  With the shifts away from broadcast television in general, live sports will get to be more and more important.

14 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

The better UND does, the more the scheduling will be unknown.  It is all dictated by TV.  The better teams in the B1G usually don't know the times 'til 10 days before the game.  With the shifts away from broadcast television in general, live sports will get to be more and more important.

Yep, it sucks for the fans. But when $25M rolls into the bank account every year, the university isn't going to say !@#$. 

• Upvote 1