SiouxSports.com Forum

CB Depth Chart

geaux_sioux

41 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

two years ago UND was wonder who was going to be our RB.  Most were not practicing in the fall leading up to the season.  Then they moved Santiago from WR to RB.  Man what a surprise to watch John run Wyoming into the ground.

With that said what Freshman is going to step up to play CB, the nickel dime and specialty teams.  Opportunity to shine.  UND is looking for a Championship and Deion will be cheering and coaching from the sidelines this season.  At least that is what it appears. 

Herald story stating he is done for the year... :(

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-football/4300081-und-star-cornerback-deion-harris-sustains-season-ending-injury

33 minutes ago, Ozzie82 said:

I don't believe he's need a medical redshirt as he hasn't used his regular redshirt yet. 

This question seems to come up from time to time. I believe you are correct, no medical redshirt needed. You get 5 years to play four. If Harris was poised to come back next year and the injury prevented him from it, I believe he could then apply for a medical redshirt since the injury extended into a second season.

Just now, shep said:

In the spirit of Santiago moving from WR to RB how about Flash Gordon going from RB to CB? Just curious.

I'd vote that one down.  I truly think that Gordon is a gifted ball carrier.  Just get the recruits who were recruited for CB in and get them ready.

Not trying to pick a fight.  I really think Gordon is a good RB . . . and the trending format now is tall CB's.  Gordon is a bit vertically challenged.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

This injury would have been more devastating a couple of years ago when we were thin at so many positions. Now, we are better positioned to compensate for it. Still fell bad for the kid; he was on track to be drafted in an early round.

Pray for a full recovery and he still has a great shot at the league if he comes back strong in 18. He seems like a fighter so I am optimistic.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, TBR said:

So does missing the "17 season make him ineligible for the NFL draft taking place next Spring?

He'd still be eligible but very unlikely to be drafted coming off an injury like that.  Scouts will want to see game action to show he hasn't lost a step when/if he comes back.  

57 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Nate Little Boy may be eating his words with or without ketchup. :angry:

I replied to him on a comment last night using Nate Little Man, but I like your Nate Little Boy better.....I think I'll use  that one in the future should I reply to him again. I was going to say Nate Little D*ck but figured that might get me in trouble or banned from the page lol. 

• Upvote 2