SiouxSports.com Forum

CB Depth Chart

geaux_sioux

Harris - assuming he's toast this year, hoping he's not.

Holm - great potential, blazing speed got some experience last year

Hunt - potential star

Carter - coming off of a shoulder injury after he was playing really well last year

Randolph - is he at CB now?

Any true fr coming in that can make it happen in an emergency situation?

I suppose the best case is that Carter steps in and is a stud and replaces Harris' production. We can't replace his size though....

Have heard great things about blubaugh. ....hieptas as well.  Definitely one if not both will be playing.  Seems like every year  tho that UND is pulling the shirts off cbs.  Deion, carter, monatugue, tyus, holm, Torrey.  Be great to redshirt some of these guys to learn the speed of the game, hit the weights and learn the playbook.  

54 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Wish Jeremy chinn had stayed committed.  He was a fresh all American CB for S Ill last year.  

Still hoping that Deion (if it's him) plays this year

Achilles tear and minor injury aren't often heard in the same sentence.

27 minutes ago, coyotecrazie5 said:

Didn't know where to put this and didn't know about Harris' injury, but CBS sports gave Harris some love today.

Top 10 college football cornerbacks to watch in 2017

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000820619?campaign=tw-cf-sf99236257-sf99236257&sf99236257=1

Nice to see the recognition.  Sure wish they would have had a picture with the correct player though...

7 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I'm wondering if the guy in the picture isn't actually #49 rather than #19.  With the game being against San Jose St, it must be from 2014, which means it's Brandon Larson.  Hair, skin, and physique all appear to match.

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205574812&DB_OEM_ID=13500

That is correct.

33 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I'm wondering if the guy in the picture isn't actually #49 rather than #19.  With the game being against San Jose St, it must be from 2014, which means it's Brandon Larson.  Hair, skin, and physique all appear to match.

I was thinking it was South Dakota State, but it appears you are correct.

• Upvote 1

two years ago UND was wonder who was going to be our RB.  Most were not practicing in the fall leading up to the season.  Then they moved Santiago from WR to RB.  Man what a surprise to watch John run Wyoming into the ground.

With that said what Freshman is going to step up to play CB, the nickel dime and specialty teams.  Opportunity to shine.  UND is looking for a Championship and Deion will be cheering and coaching from the sidelines this season.  At least that is what it appears. 

• Upvote 4

Wow - appears to be bad news. We seem to get our share of it. I imagine the positive of it happening now is it gives the team a little bit of time to prepare. Maybe leaves a chance of coming back for part of the season. Any chance of still bringing in a FBS player if needed?

2 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Wow - appears to be bad news. We seem to get our share of it. I imagine the positive of it happening now is it gives the team a little bit of time to prepare. Maybe leaves a chance of coming back for part of the season. Any chance of still bringing in a FBS player if needed?

Or a medical redshirt since he played as a true frosh. UofUtes is right in that the minimum recovery is 6 months if it is an achilles. Six months is pretty much a January return at this point so he might as well recover properly and come back for another season in 18.

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

I said to myself, looks like about as athletic as a long-snapper......then I open your attached site up, long snapper!!