SiouxSports.com Forum

NoiseInsideMyHead

1 hour ago, gfhockey said:

Why is only defense calling 3 days worth of witnesses I wjnder

Depends what they are going to focus on. are they going to bring in a police expert to say kneeing on him that long was not out of line and in accordance with procedure? My bet is they focus on the toxicology report and bring in medical experts to say Floyd was dying of an overdose and not from the neck compression. They win the medical argument and their client is free.

17 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Chavin has definitely been proven guilty of kneeing on Floyd’s neck for far longer than necessary. His only chance to be proven innocent is if the defense can prove that Floyd died from drugs in his system and chronic health conditions. They have to prove having his knee on his neck for that long had nothing to do with his death. If it is proven his kneeing contributed to Floyd’s death in any way he will be convicted of manslaughter at a minimum and wouldn’t be surprised if convicted of third degree murder.

I can’t see second degree murder but I’m also not a legal expert, just stayed in a holiday inn express last night.....

So just show the autopsy report then?

2 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

It will be interesting to see what the defense shows in court.

There are  videos  that the mainstream media has not shown as it doesn't fit their agenda.

Video of George Floyd saying he can't breathe while standing and while seated in the back of the car.

Video where he turns his head while in his vehicle and you can see a large white tablet on his tongue and he turns his head and when he turns back it has been swallowed....once the lethal amount of drugs took effect he would have trouble breathing and his lungs would start to fill with liquid.

Trained Police Officers should have recognized some of the additional symptoms he was showing and given him the antidote while they waited for the paramedics to arrive, which they likely have in their vehicle. 

Chauvin likely didn't kill George Floyd but he was pretty indifferent to a man in obvious distress and showing clear signs of overdosing on something and who was at this point absolutely no threat to 1 officer let alone 5 or 6. 

It says "Protect and Serve" for a reason.

13 minutes ago, petey23 said:

It will be interesting to see what the defense shows in court.

There are  videos  that the mainstream media has not shown as it doesn't fit their agenda.

Video of George Floyd saying he can't breathe while standing and while seated in the back of the car.

Video where he turns his head while in his vehicle and you can see a large white tablet on his tongue and he turns his head and when he turns back it has been swallowed....once the lethal amount of drugs took effect he would have trouble breathing and his lungs would start to fill with liquid.

Trained Police Officers should have recognized some of the additional symptoms he was showing and given him the antidote while they waited for the paramedics to arrive, which they likely have in their vehicle. 

Chauvin likely didn't kill George Floyd but he was pretty indifferent to a man in obvious distress and showing clear signs of overdosing on something and who was at this point absolutely no threat to 1 officer let alone 5 or 6. 

It says "Protect and Serve" for a reason.

Spot in Peter 

8 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Defense has called a pretty interesting pathologist. I was wondering how this would go once the defense started calling up their own doctors. 

He sounds like he has been staying at a Holiday Inn Express for several months.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2021 at 10:20 AM, Siouxperfan7 said:

Autopsy report said he died of a lack of oxygen from a knee to his neck. Nothing said he died of an overdose. They had to prove his knee on his neck had nothing to do with his death in order to prevent a murder conviction. They didn’t do a very good job to that point and the jury barely had to discuss it.

46 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Autopsy report said he died of a lack of oxygen from a knee to his neck. Nothing said he died of an overdose. They had to prove his knee on his neck had nothing to do with his death in order to prevent a murder conviction. They didn’t do a very good job to that point and the jury barely had to discuss it.

Interesting. Do you have a link?

1 hour ago, petey23 said:

Interesting. Do you have a link?

https://www.newsweek.com/george-floyd-autopsy-report-cause-death-1579393

quoted from link...

According to the report, Floyd, who had been apprehended on suspicion of passing a counterfeit $20 bill, died of "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression."

My opinion, since the officers did the opposite of the "protecting and serving" here, and the defense was almost incompetent, this was a no brainer for the jurors.

15 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

https://www.newsweek.com/george-floyd-autopsy-report-cause-death-1579393

quoted from link...

According to the report, Floyd, who had been apprehended on suspicion of passing a counterfeit $20 bill, died of "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression."

My opinion, since the officers did the opposite of the "protecting and serving" here, and the defense was almost incompetent, this was a no brainer for the jurors.

Chauvin’s defense team was actually quite good.  They managed to muddy the waters somewhat, but, ultimately, had very little to work with.  
The few experts they brought in to testify completely folded under cross examination.  

2 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I thought the defense did a good job per what I've heard from lawyers?

Seems like one of those situations where a reasonable jury could find the guy guilty. But a reasonable guy can also think the guy got railroaded as far as the trial. 

I have a hard time understanding why this trial was in Minneapolis. Any Minneapolis juror is going to have a substantial interest in whatever outcome is gonna prevent rioting.

Politicians and activists demanding a guilty verdict while basically holding a molotov cocktail.... it smells bad. 

This jury got put in a tough spot. I'm not sure how a trial can be fair to either the defendant or the jury when only one outcome will maintain peace in the city. 

To those who thought it was super simple and straightforward, I dont think it was. The state called two weeks of witnesses, they went out and hired doctors from across the country to contradict their own county medical examiner. One of the doctors claimed to have put in 150 hours working on the case. Does that seem simple to you? 

4 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Chauvin’s defense team was actually quite good.  They managed to muddy the waters somewhat, but, ultimately, had very little to work with.  
The few experts they brought in to testify completely folded under cross examination.  

With the amount of video they replayed, blatantly showing the officers not "protecting and serving" I think they shot themselves in the foot. I think their only hope would have been to allow Chauvin to testify to possibly humanize him some. 

1 minute ago, Redneksioux said:

With the amount of video they replayed, blatantly showing the officers not "protecting and serving" I think they shot themselves in the foot. I think their only hope would have been to allow Chauvin to testify to possibly humanize him some. 

I dont think you want to put Chauvin on the stand. Cross examination would be very uncomfortable.