Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I agree 100%

USD and SDSU have established solid WBB programs.

NDSU is finally climbing out of the hole they dug themselves with the disaster that was Carolyn DeHoff.

UND runs the risk of being a distant #4 amongst the Dakota Four.

Unacceptable.

:angry:

Bison are still getting drummed on a nightly basis, they still have a ways to go.

I do agree with the rest, UND is going to have to figure something out for next year.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

Does Strand really deserve to be around next season?  Big scorer back in high school at FF I believe but other than once in blue moon hitting 2 or 3 treys in a game, there's not a lot there in terms of game, athleticism, etc. 

I wonder how much that knee injury has impacted her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Bison are still getting drummed on a nightly basis, they still have a ways to go.

I do agree with the rest, UND is going to have to figure something out for next year.  

Yeah, NDSU is still in a hole. But they are more competitive than they used to be. And they will probably get better in the next 2-3 seasons. And when they do, I want a team that can beat them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Yeah, NDSU is still in a hole. But they are more competitive than they used to be. And they will probably get better in the next 2-3 seasons. And when they do, I want a team that can beat them.

They are dumpster fire with no relief in sight and I don't use that lightly. They drew a whopping 399 fans (announced attendance, not actual) for a game last week, though somehow claimed almost 1,000 more than that for their next game 2 days later. Their 5 D1 wins are over teams with the follwing RPI's (out of 349): 346, 286, 327, 302, 314. 

Zero chance they buy their coach out of the last year of her contract, so it will be at least one season of terrible basketball in Fargo. Can't imagine they'd extend her, time will tell how long it will take a new coach to fix the mess two bad hires have made. I don't think recruiting has gone all that well but it doesn't seem like it takes a ton of time to see big improvements in WBB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Questionable players at this level: moton (she looks out of shape, I thought she would be ok coming in), strand - I have been saying this for a while, she has to be more than a 30% shooter, the other bailey sister - probably was a package deal  

i think a few of our good players are overrated 

su is still a train wreck

dont know why sd schools are so much better 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Questionable players at this level: moton (she looks out of shape, I thought she would be ok coming in), strand - I have been saying this for a while, she has to be more than a 30% shooter, the other bailey sister - probably was a package deal  

i think a few of our good players are overrated 

su is still a train wreck

dont know why sd schools are so much better 

Not sure what you mean by the other Bailey sister"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:39 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

I wonder how much that knee injury has impacted her. 

Good point, I'm guessing to some degree it has.  Maybe UND is being loyal to her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MoSiouxFan said:

Freije done for the season?

The Pluto announcers said we expect her back for the tournament.  We really need her for the Northern Colorado game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you told me in the beginning of the year that the women would have the exact same record as the men team does right now in BSC play, I would have said "wow, the men have really overachieved this year"

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×