SiouxSports.com Forum

2017-18 Season

SWSiouxMN

6 hours ago, RogerRoger12 said:

Can’t figure out if we are good or not?  We’re 7-3 after last nights win, with an 80 RPI, which means the teams we have played(both wins and losses) are continuing to be successful before and after our game with them.  Take the ladies 3 losses - @ Oregon State 17th in AP Poll, @South Dakota State #2 in Mid Major Poll and has been in AP top 25 this year, and @ Baylor #6 in AP Poll and National Title Contender - Teams have combined record of 27-5!!!  

There is no doubt the ladies struggle at times, but we have to remind our selves they also have 7 newcomers(14 on roster), on a team that went to the WNIT last year.  

USD will be a big game for Brew and his Crew thats for sure, be nice to get that one and get to 8-3 going into Christmas!  

Anyways, Good Luck Ladies - Looking forward to watching when Montana comes to town next home game! Go Hawks

Yea I know, sometimes I am a half empty type of guy. I know the players are playing hard. That said, South Dakota embarrassed us last year in the WNIT. Hopefully we can go down there and pick up a win. I expect UND to compete with the SD schools. We have such a fun team to watch when things are going right. I echo - Go Hawks (I have never said that out loud yet:)) Cheers!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Lose at sd 76-71 after being up by 16 in the first half. Turnovers turnovers turnovers 22 turnovers to sd having 7. Freije with seven turnovers- as many as the whole South Dakota team. We will never be more than average if we continue to give the ball away 

Not surprised. It just isn't UND Women's Basketball without at least 20 turnovers per game and Brewster pacing the sideline with that pained look on his face.

That is how we roll. :silly:

1 minute ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Lose at sd 76-71 after being up by 16 in the first half. Turnovers turnovers turnovers 22 turnovers to sd having 7. Freije with seven turnovers- as many as the whole South Dakota team. We will never be more than average if we continue to give the ball away 

And look at the bright side, at least we "hung with them". That is what passes for success around here. :silly:

10 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Not surprised. It just isn't UND Women's Basketball without at least 20 turnovers per game and Brewster pacing the sideline with that pained look on his face.

That is how we roll. :silly:

couldn't agree more...painful to watch sometimes...freje meet klabo...two person game last two minutes and we win

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Freije, Klabo and Strand all played pretty much the entire game.  Klabo missed her last 5 shots (she hadn't missed before that) and Freije had 6 turnovers in the 4th quarter.

Fatigue?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, lawkota said:

Freije, Klabo and Strand all played pretty much the entire game.  Klabo missed her last 5 shots (she hadn't missed before that) and Freije had 6 turnovers in the 4th quarter.

Fatigue?

Probably some fatigue. Good teams have depth. I would think non conference would be a good time to develop it? I think Reinke    Showed some improvement and potential. 

On 12/30/2017 at 5:57 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

Not acceptable

Agreed. I am sick and tired of this team underachieving. Brewster has talent to work with, but they can't hold leads and lose games they shouldn't lose. You rarely saw one of Roebuck's teams blow big leads late in the game.

I think after Jones, Brewster is #2 on the coaching hot seat.

54 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Agreed. I am sick and tired of this team underachieving. Brewster has talent to work with, but they can't hold leads and lose games they shouldn't lose. You rarely saw one of Roebuck's teams blow big leads late in the game.

Brew always starts slow and gets better as the ladies learn the system. They’ll win the conference tourney.

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Agree!! After Brew won a trip to the dance early on I think we would a lot more trips now his program is stalling. A change may be coming unless he can have early success in the SL. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

You mean like they did last year? Oh wait.......:silly:

So, if they didn’t last year, they can’t this year? Not following your “logic.” 

They’ve got 3 excellent players, Klabo, Freije, and Morton. They’ve got 4 that might be good by the end of the year: Moton, Dooley, Dailey, and Reinke. Dooley is the big wild card. If she blossoms, it would solve our height shortage and give us another great competitor. I think they’ll be fun to watch—-already are.

36 minutes ago, Big Lubowski said:

So, if they didn’t last year, they can’t this year? Not following your “logic.” 

They’ve got 3 excellent players, Klabo, Freije, and Morton. They’ve got 4 that might be good by the end of the year: Moton, Dooley, Dailey, and Reinke. Dooley is the big wild card. If she blossoms, it would solve our height shortage and give us another great competitor. I think they’ll be fun to watch—-already are.

They haven't won the conference tournament since 2014. That is 3 (going on 4) years. That is my "logic".

And I don't think blowing late game leads on a regular basis is "fun to watch". Neither are all the turnovers.

They have talent, but they are grossly underachieving right now.

I am a little concerned that it isn’t team underachieving but lack of talent. I see teams getting through to the basket when we defend one on one. Some players lack defensive quickness. Shooting is very streaky with many players  I thought if we just held our turnovers down we would dominate. Well, turnovers were way down and we still lost. This team doesn’t rebound like prior teams. I don’t know if we have enough smart basketball players Not giving up but they haven’t proven to me that they are that great of a team yet. Sorry to say

15 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I am a little concerned that it isn’t team underachieving but lack of talent. I see teams getting through to the basket when we defend one on one. Some players lack defensive quickness. Shooting is very streaky with many players  I thought if we just held our turnovers down we would dominate. Well, turnovers were way down and we still lost. This team doesn’t rebound like prior teams. I don’t know if we have enough smart basketball players Not giving up but they haven’t proven to me that they are that great of a team yet. Sorry to say

How are they good enough to build big leads, but not good enough to finish the job?

25 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

They haven't won the conference tournament since 2014. That is 3 (going on 4) years. That is my "logic".

And I don't think blowing late game leads on a regular basis is "fun to watch". Neither are all the turnovers.

They have talent, but they are grossly underachieving right now.

So your “logic” is still: if they didn’t do it last year, they can’t do it this year.  Glad you’re not Brew. I’m sure he doesn’t think that way, or any other coach, for that matter.

Theyre 5-0 at home. Unless you were at the away games, all you’ve seen in person were wins. They can make up for the two close conference road losses when they get Idaho and EWU at home. They’re going to get better. They have been fun to watch.