Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

Recommended Posts

Collegiate women's basketball has always been the sport with the least amount of parity. It's why you get the same dozen schools year after year in the final games of the tournament. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brown(women version of Shaq) will probably go #1 in the WNBA Draft, she’s a beast, google her hahaha, i for sure had too - i really hope no one is down on this squad after that game, i think i remember SDSU lose at Louisville last year by like 55pts or something and they have been great for a long time, it happens.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is the school to the south so bad that we don't even bother to talk about that game?  What is it now 9 straight wins???

watched most and we couldn't make a shot to save our lives in the first half and yet still won.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Smoggy said:

So is the school to the south so bad that we don't even bother to talk about that game?  What is it now 9 straight wins???

watched most and we couldn't make a shot to save our lives in the first half and yet still won.

Bison has yet to beat us in the DI era. There isn’t much excitement on an OOC game. It’s not the Roebuck vs Ruley of old. Bison are horrible but getting better. Next year we should be able to dominate them in both games, and with a conference title on the line it should draw more excitement.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Bison has yet to beat us in the DI era. There isn’t much excitement on an OOC game. It’s not the Roebuck vs Ruley of old. Bison are horrible but getting better. Next year we should be able to dominate them in both games, and with a conference title on the line it should draw more excitement.

I would have to respectfully disagree on most counts. I think the Bison are decent. Jacobsen, their pg, played very well as did several others. They have several big girls that are good and going to get better. They’re very young, almost all freshmen and sophomores. I’d say their new coach has recruited well and they will be very tough to beat next year. They weren’t easy this year—-game was tied at the end of three quarters.

As for excitement, while it wasn’t Roebuck vs Ruley, both teams played hard and the crowd was into the game. Very fun game to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Big Lubowski said:

I would have to respectfully disagree on most counts. I think the Bison are decent. Jacobsen, their pg, played very well as did several others. They have several big girls that are good and going to get better. They’re very young, almost all freshmen and sophomores. I’d say their new coach has recruited well and they will be very tough to beat next year. They weren’t easy this year—-game was tied at the end of three quarters.

As for excitement, while it wasn’t Roebuck vs Ruley, both teams played hard and the crowd was into the game. Very fun game to watch.

I think UND could have played a lot better but I do agree, I think they are finally turning the corner.  I still think UND beats them twice next year, but after that will be interesting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Big Lubowski said:

I would have to respectfully disagree on most counts. I think the Bison are decent. Jacobsen, their pg, played very well as did several others. They have several big girls that are good and going to get better. They’re very young, almost all freshmen and sophomores. I’d say their new coach has recruited well and they will be very tough to beat next year. They weren’t easy this year—-game was tied at the end of three quarters.

As for excitement, while it wasn’t Roebuck vs Ruley, both teams played hard and the crowd was into the game. Very fun game to watch.

When i mean they are horrible but getting better, they have potential but haven't finished the season with a winning record since 2009-2010 season, that was 8 years ago, and hasn't had more than 10 wins in 3 years. That's bad for a program with a rich history (see Amy Ruley era). Travis Brewster's team hasn't had a losing season since the 2012-13 season, he has had two 20 win seasons since the 2013-14 season. These two programs are in opposite directions, it will be interesting to see how it continues when we join the Summit League in the fall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great win yesterday, NDSwho couldn’t handle Klabo and Freije!! And i agree, they won’t be able to at all next year either!  Anyways, just a quick RPI update -

http://warrennolan.com/basketballw/2018/rpi-live - North Dakota - 71

http://realtimerpi.com/college_Women_basketball_rpi_Full.html - North Dakota - 73

That’s the highest its been since they got to NCAAs a couple years back I believe...keep it up ladies!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't followed SDSU's recruiting, but aren't their best players from Minnesota?  Did Brewster recruit them too? Their 28 RPI ranking is impressive.

It's going to be a battle against the SD schools next year for the Summit crown.

Agree that NDSU is finally getting quality players, even from ND.  That program seems to have turned the corner but the Bizons don't care anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Haven't followed SDSU's recruiting, but aren't their best players from Minnesota?  Did Brewster recruit them too? Their 28 RPI ranking is impressive.

It's going to be a battle against the SD schools next year for the Summit crown.

Agree that NDSU is finally getting quality players, even from ND.  That program seems to have turned the corner but the Bizons don't care anymore.

They recruit their home state very well and sprinkle in good solid recuits from MN and NE. South Dakota HS basketball is very good (from personal and family experience) 

USD is Nebraska heavy with SD/MN sprinkled in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Another reason I wish we were staying in the Big Sky.  Easier to win the conference than what the Summit will be with SDSU.

UND has one dance trip since joining in 2012 how is the Big Sky easier? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Another reason I wish we were staying in the Big Sky.  Easier to win the conference than what the Summit will be with SDSU.

So we should stick with an easier conference because we will never be able to compete with South Dakota schools? Yeah, that's the ticket. :silly:

I look forward to a time when we expect to beat SDSU, not just "hang with them for most of the game".

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

UND was up 19-0. Now we are up 22-21 against southwest. Can’t figure out if we are good or not!

not watching or listening but i'm assuming a boatload of bad bad bad turnovers???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 1:09 PM, Feff said:

Collegiate women's basketball has always been the sport with the least amount of parity. It's why you get the same dozen schools year after year in the final games of the tournament. 

You could also say the same about women's ice hockey too.  That's a real small pool of top teams every year.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

UND was up 19-0. Now we are up 22-21 against southwest. Can’t figure out if we are good or not!

Can’t figure out if we are good or not?  We’re 7-3 after last nights win, with an 80 RPI, which means the teams we have played(both wins and losses) are continuing to be successful before and after our game with them.  Take the ladies 3 losses - @ Oregon State 17th in AP Poll, @South Dakota State #2 in Mid Major Poll and has been in AP top 25 this year, and @ Baylor #6 in AP Poll and National Title Contender - Teams have combined record of 27-5!!!  

There is no doubt the ladies struggle at times, but we have to remind our selves they also have 7 newcomers(14 on roster), on a team that went to the WNIT last year.  

USD will be a big game for Brew and his Crew thats for sure, be nice to get that one and get to 8-3 going into Christmas!  

Anyways, Good Luck Ladies - Looking forward to watching when Montana comes to town next home game! Go Hawks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×