SiouxSports.com Forum

2017-18 Season

SWSiouxMN

30 minutes ago, Sioux_FF said:

Nice win over Northern Iowa  for the ladies today.   Strong second half, UND 80 - 72 final

Dooley was on the bench in street clothes,  wonder if she'll be ready for the bison next Saturday

12 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

how good was she is high school?

She was a ND Miss Basketball finalist as a senior.  That same year she was dominant in the state B tournament.  I think she would have had the same success in BB as she had in VB. This could be a fun season.

Would love for FD to be a tenacious rebounder inside and someone with the ability to alter shots and get easy finishes this season as she works herself back into a basketball mindset and works on her shot. This year could be fun, but losing only Franklin, next year, could be special, depending on how strong USD and SDSU are. 

24 minutes ago, obborg said:

She was a ND Miss Basketball finalist as a senior.  That same year she was dominant in the state B tournament.  I think she would have had the same success in BB as she had in VB. This could be a fun season.

I remember watching FD play in the State B tournament and was excited to hear she had signed to play at UND.  Later found out it was for VB and said damn her size and reach would be great in BB.  Well now we have her for the remained of this season and next.  Awesome

At Baylor tomorrow - WOW - that’s the equivalent of our men going to Duke to play!  Perennial national title contenders/top 10 team every year, Should be an incredible challenge for Brews crew, I don’t think this game should be measured in win or lose, more just competing and see what happens!  With that said it’s bison week, lets get to that game Saturday at the Betty.  Hopefully FD will be ready to roll, that’d be fun!

RPI Update 

http://realtimerpi.com/college_Women_basketball_rpi_Full.html - North Dakota - 99

http://www.warrennolan.com/basketballw/2018/index - North Dakota - 92

Win or lose tomorrow, Baylor game will help our RPI because they are such a strong opponent.  The more wins they get as the season goes on, the more UND’s RPI rises down the road.

Yikes, tough game, but the loss comes to a great great program in Baylor(I think they have been to the Elite 8 like 6 or 7 times straight).  My guess is brew was saving them for Saturday, why blow their legs out when they’re down 40 or 50pts.  Regardless, Can’t wait to be at Betty vs NDS WHO!!