SiouxSports.com Forum

Greetings from Salt Lake

UofUUtes

Utah is neither Wyoming or Bowling Green, much better program that is for sure.  When we were DII, when we would play Crookston or Moorhead to start the year I'm pretty sure none of us were too concerned we weren't going to win those games.  If I was them I would be expecting a win also, so I don't get too bent up about it.  Although I haven't read the comments and if they think they are going to blow us out by 40 without breaking a sweat that is another thing.  Either way, I'd rather them and their team completely over look us. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Utah is neither Wyoming or Bowling Green, much better program that is for sure.  When we were DII, when we would play Crookston or Moorhead to start the year I'm pretty sure none of us were too concerned we weren't going to win those games.  If I was them I would be expecting a win also, so I don't get too bent up about it.  Although I haven't read the comments and if they think they are going to blow us out by 40 without breaking a sweat that is another thing.  Either way, I'd rather them and their team completely over look us. 

Agreed, completely different level program. I'd be more surprised if they were overlooking us at this point.

UND vs Drake a few years ago . . . was supposed to be a cake walk.

Drake came out to play, slapped UND in the face a few times and tried to make a game of it.

UND won, but we all shook our heads a bit and wondered what the hell just happened.

"so you're saying there's a chance" (Dumb and Dumber)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BigGame said:

So taking a quick look at the Utah fan forum it appears Utah fans aren't concerned about North Dakota even a little.  

Of course we are concerned...  A ton can happen in a game, including injuries which screw up your whole season.  No game is a gimme.   Which Utah forum are you looking at?  Personally the one I frequent is BlockU.com at SBN.

Any Utah fan that isn't concerned is kidding themselves.  Utah is infamous for losing games they shouldn't.

BOOM!!  Just got my ticket and am going to the game!!  Flying from Philadelphia on the 30th to Salt Lake City instead of back to AZ.  I'll have to try and find some of you to party with as I'll be by myself lol.  Not sure if I'm going to rent a car yet or just Uber it around.    Tickets are in Section W8. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Did UND ever lose to UMC or MSUM? 

6 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

BOOM!!  Just got my ticket and am going to the game!!  Flying from Philadelphia on the 30th to Salt Lake City instead of back to AZ.  I'll have to try and find some of you to party with as I'll be by myself lol.  Not sure if I'm going to rent a car yet or just Uber it around.    Tickets are in Section W8. 

SLC has a pretty fair mass transit with the light rail you can pretty much get from the Airport to Downtown to the University and tons of places in between.  If you haven't booked a room yet I suggest the Hotel Monaco.  Part of the Kimpton chain so they give you a goldfish if you are lonely.  Oh and mass transit is free on game day with your ticket.

39 minutes ago, RavenousUte said:

Of course we are concerned...  A ton can happen in a game, including injuries which screw up your whole season.  No game is a gimme.   Which Utah forum are you looking at?  Personally the one I frequent is BlockU.com at SBN.

Any Utah fan that isn't concerned is kidding themselves.  Utah is infamous for losing games they shouldn't.

Is Utah seeing any type of injury bug right now? UND sure has it full fledged at the moment, as well as the suspension and no show bug. I'm almost glad there are two weeks left, maybe UND will get some guys back and will have it out of their system by then. Ufda 

1 minute ago, RavenousUte said:

SLC has a pretty fair mass transit with the light rail you can pretty much get from the Airport to Downtown to the University and tons of places in between.  If you haven't booked a room yet I suggest the Hotel Monaco.  Part of the Kimpton chain so they give you a goldfish if you are lonely.

We plan on hopping the light rail to the stadium from our downtown hotel. Our initial plans were to set up a tailgate but since we are unfamiliar with the area we are just going to pack a cheep cooler bag full of beers and walk around the Gaurdsman lot before the game. Plus, then we don't have to worry about the vehicle after the game.

Is it true that the light rail is free if you have a game ticket?

Just now, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Is Utah seeing any type of injury bug right now? UND sure has it full fledged at the moment, as well as the suspension and no show bug. I'm almost glad there are two weeks left, maybe UND will get some guys back and will have it out of their system by then. Ufda 

Right now we are looking at having our star safety, starting center and backup RB out for the game.  Fortunately we have lots of depth at RB for now.  But yeah we always have an injury bug.

1 minute ago, UNDColorado said:

We plan on hopping the light rail to the stadium from our downtown hotel. Our initial plans were to set up a tailgate but since we are unfamiliar with the area we are just going to pack a cheep cooler bag full of beers and walk around the Gaurdsman lot before the game. Plus, then we don't have to worry about the vehicle after the game.

On Game Day yes.

1 minute ago, UNDColorado said:

What hotel are you staying at? 

If you get a chance to check out the Ute Walk before the game its a pretty fun pre-game tradition.  Basically, its a chance for fans to get a brief interaction with the team 2.5 hours before game time. Not sure if UND has something like this, but its something that sprang to mind reading your Game Day Experience thread.  Ute Walk then 2 hours more of tailgating before heading into the game.  

Ute Walk Video

Ute-Walk-Map-Updated-2.jpg

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Get a car.  Take a drive up the Wasatch mountains.  Its pretty amazing (especially for ND flatlanders).

12 hours ago, SlowHand said:

Get a car.  Take a drive up the Wasatch mountains.  Its pretty amazing (especially for ND flatlanders).

If you are going to do some mountain driving I suggest going up Emigration Canyon to UT-65.  Lots of switch backs and hair pin turns.  Makes for an exciting drive. Especially in the fog. Also Ruth's Diner is a nice place to eat up Emigration Canyon.

Video teaser.

5995db9827aa3_ScreenShot2017-08-17at12_07_15PM.thumb.png.2b5b227a00b7935747928deeac5461a8.png

If you have an extra day to spare, head up to the Utah Olympic Park in Park City. You can do freestyle ski jumping into a pool, summer bobsled with speeds of up to 70-80 mph and forces of 4-5 Gs on the curves,  take a ride on the alpine slide or the alpine coaster, or do a high speed zip line ride at up to 40 mph.  They also have Extreme Inner Tubing down ski jumps.

24 minutes ago, RavenousUte said:

If you have an extra day to spare, head up to the Utah Olympic Park in Park City. You can do freestyle ski jumping into a pool, summer bobsled with speeds of up to 70-80 mph and forces of 4-5 Gs on the curves,  take a ride on the alpine slide or the alpine coaster, or do a high speed zip line ride at up to 40 mph.  They also have Extreme Inner Tubing down ski jumps.

As someone who hates even going on Ferris wheels, this post gave me all sorts of anxiety

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, RavenousUte said:

If you get a chance to check out the Ute Walk before the game its a pretty fun pre-game tradition.  Basically, its a chance for fans to get a brief interaction with the team 2.5 hours before game time. Not sure if UND has something like this, but its something that sprang to mind reading your Game Day Experience thread.  Ute Walk then 2 hours more of tailgating before heading into the game.  

Ute Walk Video

Ute-Walk-Map-Updated-2.jpg

The Hawk Walk has a nice ring to it.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RavenousUte said:

Damn....all of that looks pretty awesome! 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, SlowHand said:

Its been a long time since I lived in SLC, but I always hated Park City.

Do they still have the net under the ski lift above the highway?

Must have been forever...  No ski lifts over any highways.  Plus they have the original Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory.  Plus a multitude of microbreweries and even High West Distillery & Saloon.   

Probably, the only time I hate Park City is during Sundance Film Festival.