SiouxSports.com Forum

Greetings from Salt Lake

UofUUtes

9 minutes ago, Fry Bread said:

Hey Utes, how's the tail gating for guests? Like to visit pregame with some of and talk a little football. 

There are numerous lots spread across campus. The most rowdy will be the parking lot off Guardsman Way (SE of the stadium). If you are on Twitter, try interacting with @UtahPigBus & @UteFanFaithful. Those guys are very welcoming.

4 minutes ago, UofUUtes said:

There are numerous lots spread across campus. The most rowdy will be the parking lot off Guardsman Way (SE of the stadium). If you are on Twitter, try interacting with @UtahPigBus & @UteFanFaithful. Those guys are very welcoming.

I posted the Ute Walk map earlier if you want more exact locations.

I know I'm late getting to this, but I just wouldn't feel right if I didn't give a big shoutout to the Utah Utes fans.

My wife and I had a chance to meet and talk with a number of Utes fans before, during, and after the game and I'm not exaggerating at all to say that it was truly an uplifting experience. Walking through the tailgate lot before the game we had numerous people approach us to thank us for coming, to offer food, to tell stories (a few transplanted North Dakotans, etc.), and to offer us drinks. Too many drinks. I had to accept a few (just to be polite, of course...) but if I had accepted them all I never would have made it to the game.

The fans were gracious, welcoming - and knowledgeable. They knew our team, commented on our strong running game and defense, and were truly concerned about how their team would perform against the Hawks. Even after the game, we had multiple people make positive comments about the team and how good they looked, and that we'd win a lot of games in the Big Sky this year. Several went out of their way to mention Keaton Studsrud and what a heady and effective player he was.

So, thanks, Utes fans - for making our trip to Utah an amazing experience - despite the verdict on the scoreboard.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, LkvlleUNDFan said:

I know I'm late getting to this, but I just wouldn't feel right if I didn't give a big shoutout to the Utah Utes fans.

My wife and I had a chance to meet and talk with a number of Utes fans before, during, and after the game and I'm not exaggerating at all to say that it was truly an uplifting experience. Walking through the tailgate lot before the game we had numerous people approach us to thank us for coming, to offer food, to tell stories (a few transplanted North Dakotans, etc.), and to offer us drinks. Too many drinks. I had to accept a few (just to be polite, of course...) but if I had accepted them all I never would have made it to the game.

The fans were gracious, welcoming - and knowledgeable. They knew our team, commented on our strong running game and defense, and were truly concerned about how their team would perform against the Hawks. Even after the game, we had multiple people make positive comments about the team and how good they looked, and that we'd win a lot of games in the Big Sky this year. Several went out of their way to mention Keaton Studsrud and what a heady and effective player he was.

So, thanks, Utes fans - for making our trip to Utah an amazing experience - despite the verdict on the scoreboard.

Exact same experience for me as well and I would go back in a heartbeat if we ever play them again.

1 hour ago, RavenousUte said:

UND is the better team.

Would be nice if they were on the schedule this year for a chance at paybacks after the 2014 drubbing  

Have the say...your utes team is very impressive. You guys control the line and that offense once everyone gels!!  Look out.  Hope you guys stay healthy and make some noise