SiouxSports.com Forum

First Three Games 2017

SiouxFan100

What are your predictions and thoughts for the first three games of 2017? Just over two months to go!! Generally we should be able to score more points. Our defense will be even better in 2017 but we are playing some good teams. Stay healthy.

@ Utah - lose 27-21  Studs comes out like the steady leader we need him to be but the competition talent level is too much to overcome.

Missouri State - Win 35-10  A game we should win at home. I will be there with my first time season pass waving my new Hawks flag!

@ South Dakota - Win 45-28  Lots of points but we will be able to outscore teams this year.

31-41 Win over Utah, they overlook us in 1st half and our defense holds them in 2nd half

38-0 Win  Pound them like they did us a few years ago.  We are much improved and they have fallen off

42-31 Win  Our defense is better than theres

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, UND92 said:

31-41 Win over Utah, they overlook us in 1st half and our defense holds them in 2nd half

38-0 Win  Pound them like they did us a few years ago.  We are much improved and they have fallen off

42-31 Win  Our defense is better than theres

41 points against Utah?

Holy moly.

Utah lost some great players from last year's team and they will be looking past UND to the next weeks matchup @ BYU.  Barring a very early TD by Utah, the upset will happen by 3-8 points.  Utah will not be ready for UND's rushing attack and Studsrud will hit a couple big play-action passes.  Potato Bowl (MO ST)will be UND 35-14 and UND will win at USD 38-20.  If UND can find good enough depth in lb's and db's to operate the attacking defense efficiently it will be another year to remember.

UND can pull the upset vs Utah if they protect the football and ultimately win the turnover battle. UND will have more experience than Utah at some key positions. With all that said, it comes down to whether or not UND's players can play composed under the pressure of a PAC-12 venue. If so, UND has the talent to pull the upset. One game at a time and UND needs to focus on Utah for now. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2017 at 6:54 AM, CMSioux said:

Welcome, but did you really expect to come here  and not read a little bit of optimism? Yup we are the underdog but that is why they play the game. We are ready to take the next step. 

I don't think he was sarcastic.  Everything i read here touted Utah as a pretty solid team.  If UND pulls out a win it will be called an "upset"...because Utah us a clear favorite.

but upsets do happen :)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AJS said:

All eyes are on week 3 against, USD. My guess is they'll be 1-1 heading into that matchup and they can't afford to start 1-2 again this year. USD is good, nervous for that match up on the road.

They will be better this year than last year and again a borderline playoff team.  Need to stop the QB sweep.   Either them or us starting 1-2 isn't good but someone will be in that spot.  Big game. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...