SiouxSports.com Forum

2017-2018 NHL Season

cberkas

I think Vegas should go with grey and gold gloves with there home jerseys then having black and gold gloves.

I still can't believe Vegas kept Subban over Pickard. I kind of wish Zane would have been picked up by Vegas over Subban, because Subban shouldn't be a NHL backup and Zane is better then Subban.

• Upvote 2

Wild are so thin at forwards. No Parise, Nino, Grandlund or Coyle last night night. Wild score first. Next shift Cullen's line sent out and Kunin is nowhere to be found on the backside for an easy goal to tie it. Microcosm of the game last night. 

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Wild are so thin at forwards. No Parise, Nino, Grandlund or Coyle last night night. Wild score first. Next shift Cullen's line sent out and Kunin is nowhere to be found on the backside for an easy goal to tie it. Microcosm of the game last night. 

http://www.1500espn.com/wild-2/2017/10/zulgad-bruce-boudreau-calls-loss-embarrassing-wild-let-another-one-get-away/

40 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

Will Butcher, who the Avalanche didn't want, has 8 assists in 5 games with the Devils. I'm wishing the Wild would've picked him up. Don't know if they tried to sign him or not.

Great job by that jerk Roy. Avs waited too long to get rid of him

1 hour ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

I couldn't figure out why they wouldn't bring him in just for a look. It's not like they have so much talent that it would've been a waste of time to bring the kid in.

After Roy kicked him to the curb,  I think Butcher said the hell with you,  I'll play my senior year and sign elsewhere as a free agent. Turned out good for Denver and New Jersey.

1 hour ago, sprig said:

After Roy kicked him to the curb,  I think Butcher said the hell with you,  I'll play my senior year and sign elsewhere as a free agent. Turned out good for Denver and New Jersey.

Based on how he played at Denver I would still sign him. That way you could trade him for another asset if you didn't like him. Would be best to always keep your mouth shut when it comes to how you feel about a player so as not to lower whatever trade value they may have.

8 hours ago, cberkas said:

Vegas beats the mighty Blackhawks with their #3 goalie.

7-1 on the year.

While Vegas is almost assuredly going to come back to earth, it has been really interesting to see how quickly they've been able to build chemistry and a winning attitude.  It's almost like the players embraced being the "leftovers" - the guys who were too expendable from their last teams.  I think it gave them a shared mentality that is paying some great early season dividends.

1 hour ago, siouxforcefans said:

While Vegas is almost assuredly going to come back to earth, it has been really interesting to see how quickly they've been able to build chemistry and a winning attitude.  It's almost like the players embraced being the "leftovers" - the guys who were too expendable from their last teams.  I think it gave them a shared mentality that is paying some great early season dividends.

When Flurey got hurt and they kept Subban over Pickard I would have thought they’d lose all these games. I thought Flurey was just going to keep them in games and steal a win from time to time. 

I couldn’t believe that there was talk Vegas should claim Niemi off wavers or would trade for Lehtonen.

I hope Vegas finds a way to make the playoffs, they have a long way to go, but I’d still like to see it.