SiouxSports.com Forum

2017-2018 NHL Season

cberkas

Wow, it's past 8:30 am the morning after, and I'm very surprised I've yet to see the wailing and gnashing of teeth from DaveK (and his alter-egos) about how the Penguins would have beat the Blackhawks 10-1 last night if Fleury was still Pittsburgh's starting goaltender!

And sheesh, the attendance in Detroit last night looked to leave something to desire (B1G-ish) for the opening night of the new arena.  Nice job, Wings fans!

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Ray77 said:

Wow, it's past 8:30 am the morning after, and I'm very surprised I've yet to see the wailing and gnashing of teeth from DaveK (and his alter-egos) about how the Penguins would have beat the Blackhawks 10-1 last night if Fleury was still Pittsburgh's starting goaltender!

And sheesh, the attendance in Detroit last night looked to leave something to desire (B1G-ish) for the opening night of the new arena.  Nice job, Wings fans!

It wouldn't have mattered if Fleury was the goalie for the Penguins, Chicago was just way better. The Penguins goal was on a 5x3 pp that from the sounds of it were week calls.

I saw the last minute of the Red Wings game, so the attendance was that bad the whole game?

1 hour ago, cberkas said:

It wouldn't have mattered if Fleury was the goalie for the Penguins, Chicago was just way better. The Penguins goal was on a 5x3 pp that from the sounds of it were week calls.

I saw the last minute of the Red Wings game, so the attendance was that bad the whole game?

I watched most of the 3rd period - from about the 15:00 mark I'd guess.  It was bad the whole time I was watching and that was one of the first things I noticed.  However, I can't speak to the first 2 periods.

2 hours ago, Ray77 said:

I watched most of the 3rd period - from about the 15:00 mark I'd guess.  It was bad the whole time I was watching and that was one of the first things I noticed.  However, I can't speak to the first 2 periods.

The red seats did their best to hid the missing people. Piston games are going to be bad there.

Maybe that part of town in to rough.

5 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

Las Vegas season opener tonight.  They are introducing Real Heroes (firefighters, paramedics, police who served on 1 October) alongside the players.   

Well done, Vegas.  Well done.

Easily one of the best done pregame tributes I've ever seen. Amazing!

#Vegasstrong

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

Las Vegas season opener tonight.  They are introducing Real Heroes (firefighters, paramedics, police who served on 1 October) alongside the players.   

Well done, Vegas.  Well done.

16 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Easily one of the best done pregame tributes I've ever seen. Amazing!

#Vegasstrong

12 minutes ago, sioux rube said:
Awesome tribute before the Vegas game tonight to those who died and were wounded on the horrific night of October 1st. Put a lump in my throat.

Now THAT'S how America comes together for the national anthem of our great country.  God bless Las Vegas, the first responders, the survivors, and those who lost their lives in this terrible tragedy.  VEGAS STRONG!  

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, TrueSioux2000 said:

Great game so far in Vegas.  Loved the pregame ceremony, great speech by Engelland too. 

Saw the highlight about the Flyers against Nash...so of course I went to the Flyers twitter and read the replies to the tweets.  Boy are Philly fans ruthless.  They seem to want Hak's head on a platter.

They wanted to fire Hak after the team was 1-0 on the season.

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

I’m kinda liking the VGK home uniform. The grey helmets are way better than expected. 

It’d be an interest pattern to follow for a college for a third uniform ... 

Bismarck Bobcats have the jersey just like the Vegas home jerseys.