SiouxSports.com Forum

2017-2018 NHL Season

cberkas

1 minute ago, KSSioux said:

Did I miss Tomek signing a pro contract?  He is the backup for Phily tonight playing against the Islanders.  I am really surprised at this being how young he is.  Thought he would go to the USHL this year and another school would pick him up for next year.  

As far as I know you can't play in the USHL if you sign a pro contract.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, cberkas said:

As far as I know you can't play in the USHL if you sign a pro contract.

You cannot.  He is definitely the backup in one of Phily's games tonight (playing split squads against the Islanders).  There are only a few international spots available in major junior, so he will have to go to the ECHL or AHL, if he does not get one of those exemptions.  Pretty young kid to do that.  Very surprised.

17 minutes ago, KSSioux said:

You cannot.  He is definitely the backup in one of Phily's games tonight (playing split squads against the Islanders).  There are only a few international spots available in major junior, so he will have to go to the ECHL or AHL, if he does not get one of those exemptions.  Pretty young kid to do that.  Very surprised.

KHL is an option.

1 minute ago, KS SIOUX said:

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/rosters-announced-for-split-squad-game--philadelphia-flyers/c-291198750

Are we sure it’s Tomek - this is all I could find as far as today’s rosters go for split squad games

Check the game Lyon is starting in goal for Philly.  Check the team stats and Matej is listed as the backup.  Click his name and his picture will pop up.  It is definitely him in the picture.

On 9/20/2017 at 6:12 PM, KSSioux said:

International goalies can not play in Major Junior.