SiouxSports.com Forum

2017-2018 NHL Season

cberkas

8 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I would love to see Hak get out of the sewage pit that is Philly and coach a team like St. Louis or Edmonton.

Since Hakstol was brought up.... 

Its been 3 years since he went off to coach the Flyers.  What are the thoughts and feelings of the job he is doing so far?

For me honestly, I think he has done better than I thought he would. Not because I think he is an awful coach and in-over his head, but he went into a tough situation in Philly.  I personally didn't think it would work out and he would be coaching somewhere else. 

122-86-38 over 3 years.  4-8 in postseason.  

If the Flyers could just get a goalie

• Upvote 1

I think Hak has far exceeded expectations.

Philly is a terrible situation and the worst thing he could have done was get into the playoffs with that terrible mix of crap that first year.

if this was the first year back in the playoffs after rebuilding, he’d be all good and on track.

The team is getting closer to rebuilt and the next 2 years would be serious contenders in the East.

Unfortunetly, it’s Philly and flyer fans wouldn’t know Hockey from the hole in their Ashe. So they hate him for not winning 4 cups in the 3 years he’s been there with team sthat shouldn’t compete for the Calder let alone Stanley.

Add to that injuries and bipolar goalies, and the glob of crap on ice that is Gudas.....

and they hate Hak when really they should be thankful they have a coach that even wants a part of Shute show they have going for them.

At this point Hexy will prolly have to can Dave to save his ass and still be the tough guy in philly to passify the stupidest group of inbred assoles I’ve ever seen assembled.... Philadelphia sports fans.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Unfortunetly, it’s Philly and flyer fans wouldn’t know Hockey from the hole in their Ashe. So they hate him for not winning 4 cups in the 3 years he’s been there with team sthat shouldn’t compete for the Calder let alone Stanley.

Add to that injuries and bipolar goalies, and the glob of crap on ice that is Gudas.....

and they hate Hak when really they should be thankful they have a coach that even wants a part of Shute show they have going for them.

At this point Hexy will prolly have to can Dave to save his ass and still be the tough guy in philly to passify the stupidest group of inbred assoles I’ve ever seen assembled.... Philadelphia sports fans.

So, just to confirm, you're not planning to vacation in Philly? :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hakstol's problems in Philly:
- He does not have a #1 or even a #1A goalie
- He does not have a true top-pair #1 defenseman today

I'm not saying they need to go get Karlsson or Doughty, but Ghost isn't it and Provorov is a couple years away from being it. 

And recycled goalies (Elliott, Mrazek, Neuvirth) are not the backbone of a team. 

Having said that, the window is closing as 28 and 93 and 17 aren't getting younger. 

• 3 weeks later...

Chicago Blackhawks Marian Hossa will not play hockey anymore.  The 39-year-old played 19 seasons in the NHL, eight of which for the Blackhawks as a key contributor to three Stanley Cup titles. Hossa, a five-time all-star, has had a distinguished career as he’s posted 1,134 points in 1,309 games and has been touted as one of the best defensive forwards of the game. He had a productive season in 2016-17, his last, as he put up 26 goals and 19 assists.

Hossa, who has been listed on LTIR for the 2017-18 season, still has three years remaining on the 12-year, $63.3MM deal he signed in 2009, which counts for a $5.275MM cap hit.

3 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Chicago Blackhawks Marian Hossa will not play hockey anymore.  The 39-year-old played 19 seasons in the NHL, eight of which for the Blackhawks as a key contributor to three Stanley Cup titles. Hossa, a five-time all-star, has had a distinguished career as he’s posted 1,134 points in 1,309 games and has been touted as one of the best defensive forwards of the game. He had a productive season in 2016-17, his last, as he put up 26 goals and 19 assists.

Hossa, who has been listed on LTIR for the 2017-18 season, still has three years remaining on the 12-year, $63.3MM deal he signed in 2009, which counts for a $5.275MM cap hit.

This is where the NHL should take the contract off a teams hands. It would be different if the contract was in it's first couple years, then the team should be on the hook for the full contract. 

Wow. Just wow.

Check this out: https://www.capfriendly.com/ 

Vegas is in the Cup finals and they have the fourth most money to spend this off season! Honestly, they need to figure out Flower's future replacement. Other than that they can step back and figure out who can play in their "million miles an hour team first" system. 

5 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Wow. Just wow.

Check this out: https://www.capfriendly.com/ 

Vegas is in the Cup finals and they have the fourth most money to spend this off season! Honestly, they need to figure out Flower's future replacement. Other than that they can step back and figure out who can play in their "million miles an hour team first" system. 

I think they have that figured out already.

5 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Between no Hossa (season) and no Crawford (half season) CHI had no chance. 

That said, CHI now has another mammoth problem: They have a lot of money for a long time tied up in guys whose ages start with "3". 

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/blackhawks 

The only some what bad ones are Keith and Seabrook, which both are still top defensemen in the league.

Crawford was the contract I thought was to high to begin with. Crawford, to me, is the reason they don't have a good backup. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, cberkas said:

They do have the space to sign him.

They also could sign Kolvalchuk.

Sign Tavares.

A better use for the Kovalchuk money would be at the craps table. :D 

More seriously, forget Kovalchuk: VGK needs to hammer down who is after Flower. 

35 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Sign Tavares.

A better use for the Kovalchuk money would be at the craps table. :D 

More seriously, forget Kovalchuk: VGK needs to hammer down who is after Flower. 

I've heard Kovalchuk will take less money to be on a competitor.

I wish Vegas could get Dell away from the Sharks. I really felt he should have played more.