SiouxSports.com Forum

Arbor Park

geaux_sioux

7 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Really? Complaining that the margin of victory wasn't big enough isn't being a snowflake? Whatever floats your boat.

I'll keep this in mind when you complain about how UND plays in any game they win.

53 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Really? Complaining that the margin of victory wasn't big enough isn't being a snowflake? Whatever floats your boat.

Literally nobody complained about the margin of victory. They were surprised it was so close, there's a pretty big difference from "complaining".

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Cratter said:

Mayor Brown said raising the sales tax will be the next vote.

If No gets the majority 3 times and Yes gets it once. Does "No" still win? What if "No to Yes voters" change their minds again later? :whistling:

The construction of the Columbia Road overpass by campus went to the polls multiple times, starting with a few no vote victories. On it's first  to build victory, it is was voted in a single lane each way, and initially built that way..

6 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

The construction of the Columbia Road overpass by campus went to the polls multiple times, starting with a few no vote victories. On it's first  to build victory, it is was voted in a single lane each way, and initially built that way..

Is there anyone alive who will admit to either voting against the Columbia overpass or thinking it wasn't a no-brainer?

Can anyone enlighten us newcomers to what life was like before?  I cannot imagine a more pathetic existence...a growing community completely separated from its primary job base by a two-mile-long rail yard.  The word cowtown comes to mind.

6 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Great history lesson, thanks! Now time to find away to change 42nd.

Grand Forks' roadway expansion priorities (in this person's opinion) should be:

1. An underpass under I-29 at 17th Ave S. That would make access to the industrial park easier as well as make clearing out the Alerus Center after events far smoother. The west side frontage roads are built. So use them. 

2. A way to make the combo of Demers at I-29, the tracks at 42nd Street, and the University overpass better. It's never made sense to me to have and underpass and an overpass within a half mile of each other. Toss in that there's no way to cross the tracks at 42nd between the two and it's a general mess. Then again, without a way to cross the tracks at 42nd you need both current ways to cross I-29 (think: fire/rescue). If that all could be rethought into something better it'd be a good thing. 

2a. Just do something at 42nd and the tracks. With Ray Richards going away, the space that is now 7 green and 8 tee is available for part of a solution. 

3. Put the ramps onto the Merrifield overpass. I know some are saying build a new interchange two miles south of 32nd Ave; I'm saying put ramps onto the existing overpass out by AgDepot. 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Grand Forks' roadway expansion priorities (in this person's opinion) should be:

1. An underpass under I-29 at 17th Ave S. That would make access to the industrial park easier as well as make clearing out the Alerus Center after events far smoother. The west side frontage roads are built. So use them. 

2. A way to make the combo of Demers at I-29, the tracks at 42nd Street, and the University overpass better. It's never made sense to me to have and underpass and an overpass within a half mile of each other. Toss in that there's no way to cross the tracks at 42nd between the two and it's a general mess. Then again, without a way to cross the tracks at 42nd you need both current ways to cross I-29 (think: fire/rescue). If that all could be rethought into something better it'd be a good thing. 

2a. Just do something at 42nd and the tracks. With Ray Richards going away, the space that is now 7 green and 8 tee is available for part of a solution. 

3. Put the ramps onto the Merrifield overpass. I know some are saying build a new interchange two miles south of 32nd Ave; I'm saying put ramps onto the existing overpass out by AgDepot. 

The new sales tax vote will be for roads (and water iirc?). It would be nice to build some "big tangible items" instead of just redoing existing roads and widening a few streets.

I'd love to see the Merrifield overpass. Time to stretch GF out. 32nd is pretty much full.

10 hours ago, Cratter said:

The new sales tax vote will be for roads (and water iirc?). It would be nice to build some "big tangible items" instead of just redoing existing roads and widening a few streets.

I'd love to see the Merrifield overpass. Time to stretch GF out. 32nd is pretty much full.

Any development of Ray Richards could buy some time for overpasses further south.  Ray Richards could really enliven the western city with development and keep sprawl to a minimum.  Don't need to be another Fargo in that respect

36 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

You love Emerado, and Thompson, and Manvel and Fischer.  :p

I live in the country not too far from one of those towns.

Bonfires, shooting guns, lighting off fireworks, and riding my atv right out of my backyard onto gravel roads. :love:

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/politics/4296511-update-efforts-underway-void-grand-forks-arbor-park-election

Appears local crazy guy Henry Howe has notified the city of his intention to void the Arbor Park vote.

My side lost!  You have to ignore the vote!  Too many people who can't get to the park (or don't care) couldn't get to the polls!

Spending 15 minutes answering this "cause" is a brutal waste of taxpayer money.

On 7/13/2017 at 11:55 AM, siouxforcefans said:

My side lost!  You have to ignore the vote!  Too many people who can't get to the park (or don't care) couldn't get to the polls!

Spending 15 minutes answering this "cause" is a brutal waste of taxpayer money.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/4299119-arbor-park-backer-pitches-city-council-land-deal-save-downtown-space

Why hold elections anymore? Unbelievable.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, MrEdway said:

If they miraculously decide to move to the suggested alternate location, its just a matter of time before someone else comes in and decides to build there.  Just delaying the inevitable.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/12/2017 at 3:54 PM, UNDBIZ said:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/politics/4296511-update-efforts-underway-void-grand-forks-arbor-park-election

Appears local crazy guy Henry Howe has notified the city of his intention to void the Arbor Park vote.

How'd I know CT Marhula would be aligned on this side. < sigh >