SiouxSports.com Forum

Arbor Park

geaux_sioux

3 minutes ago, Cratter said:

UNDin3yearsguy.....no need to spread gfhockeys rumors on the radio.

That's ok... I don't think 12 listeners will affect the vote... plus Packer Lady and Farmer Ray aren't eligible to vote in GF anyway. :D

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, MrEdway said:

Can't believe the vote was that close. Scary.

I agree. Glad to see common sense win out on this one.

I wonder how many of the "yes" votes could have told you where Arbor Park actually was a month or two ago, let alone today. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, jdub27 said:

I agree. Glad to see common sense win out on this one.

I wonder how many of the "yes" votes could have told you where Arbor Park actually was a month or two ago, let alone today. 

I wonder how many of the "no" voters are willing to put their money where their mouths are and buy one of these condos, since it is such a great idea?

22 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I wonder how many of the "no" voters are willing to put their money where their mouths are and buy one of these condos, since it is such a great idea?

The brownstones seemed to sell pretty quickly in a similar situation. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

At this point, it becomes the developer's risk, though I would guess you'll find a little bit of crossover. They are the one's putting their money on the line, not the voters, who actually come out slightly ahead since they don't have to pay for the Park District to keep up the lot now.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

Huh?

Take a yes or no vote. Say a says tax increase (or the Alerus Center), which the GF residents recently already voted for.

Its Odd it only take a one time "yes vote" to approve something. 

Say, even if it was "No voted" 7 times before that.

So in theory it's No 7 times. And Yes once..so No should still win? Haha (the score is 7 to 1).

(Some people switched their minds from no to yes...that's why the yes won that one time...I'm asking what if they later again go from yes back to no again?....too late I guess).

..in short regardless of the issue: "change" (alerus, tax increase, etc) will always eventually win....GF will get a new library and a higher sales tax. Only question is when...

• Upvote 1