SiouxSports.com Forum

One sport wonders -from Los Angeles Times

SiouxVolley

"However, Engelstad’s donation came at a price. He was known to throw parties on Adolf Hitler’s birthday, and he seemed to go out of his way to insult the Sioux tribes, whose name North Dakota used to use as its nickname."

In what way? 

2 hours ago, AJS said:

"However, Engelstad’s donation came at a price. He was known to throw parties on Adolf Hitler’s birthday, and he seemed to go out of his way to insult the Sioux tribes, whose name North Dakota used to use as its nickname."

In what way? 

Engelstad didn't yield to the Sioux tribal chairmen demands, so he was into Naziism according to their logic.  Evergreen State shows that you have to give in on all demands to minority students, except Asians of course because they do well, like no homework and no white people day, otherwise you are a Nazi and racist.

43 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Engelstad didn't yield to the Sioux tribal chairmen demands, so he was into Naziism according to their logic.  Evergreen State shows that you have to give in on all demands to minority students, except Asians of course because they do well, like no homework and no white people day, otherwise you are a Nazi and racist.

I'm about 100% sure the Nazi comments have nothing to do with his stance on Natives and 100% to do with... the birthday parties.

Complete hack piece.  Less than a generation removed from a football title; only a handful of years into full DI membership.  It's not like UND didn't have a solid footprint at DII.  I hope the LAT didn't actually pay for this garbage.

The arena, the nickname, and Ralph's personal life are low-hanging fruit and, frankly, as story points are old and tired.  Journalism is long dead.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Complete hack piece.  Less than a generation removed from a football title; only a handful of years into full DI membership.  It's not like UND didn't have a solid footprint at DII.  I hope the LAT didn't actually pay for this garbage.

The arena, the nickname, and Ralph's personal life are low-hanging fruit and, frankly, as story points are old and tired.  Journalism is long dead.

I wonder if NDSU alums are responsible for this? Would not surprise me one bit.

17 hours ago, IndySioux said:

If I am not mistaken, UND does field a Division 1 football team. The shots he took at Engelstad and the Sioux name debacle do not surprise me given it is the LA times.

Pretty sure we have a basketball team that was just in the NCAA tourney too.

48 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Didn't say there weren't. But why would an LA paper even care what is happening in North Dakota (good or bad) unless someone was feeding them information?

The dude recycled the same story that shows up any time one of the schools makes a run. I can just about write it as it is so predictable and trite and by wrote. 

Hopkins lacrosse, North Dakota hockey, Gonzaga hoops, yadda-yadda-yadda.  < yawn > 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...