SiouxSports.com Forum

Former Sac State QB commits to UND

Colter_Nuanez

20 hours ago, ND1 said:

Great news!  Supposedly Nate was even willing to pay his first year of school if no scholarship money was available.  Coaches are excited about this guy 

The fact that he chose UND, and if that's true he was willing to pay his own first year.......means he must really see good things in our school and program.  That is great news in general  as we continue recruiting battles in the future.   Our program is certainly seen in such a better light than it was just 4 years ago.....great job Bubba and staff! 

• Upvote 2

On 5/19/2017 at 9:41 PM, gundy1124 said:

When Zimmerman signed the Herald said 3 years.  He will be a sophomore this season...... 

That leaves us at 2018 with 3 junior QBs except my crystal ball says Heidlbaugh moves to WR or TE depending on his size and speed.  My hunch is Ketteringham isn't brought in unless he projects out as the 2018 starter, but maybe I put too much thought into that, best to see how things play out.

Thank you for the clarification on Zimmerman. I knew he was eligible right away and that will be huge for us if/when Studs goes down. I was at the Weber game when Studs went down and the following week out at UNC and I was incredibly nervous about the QB play when Studs was not available. We shouldn't have to deal with that uncertainty now!