SiouxSports.com Forum

Former Sac State QB commits to UND

Colter_Nuanez

Nice!  Finally we are really building some good quality, depth, and competition at the most important position in sports.  I can't remember now....does Zimmerman have 2 years left to play....or 3?  If he has 3 left they will be battling it out, along with the Boltman the next couple of years to be the starter.  

• Upvote 3

Just now, Sioux94 said:

Nice!  Finally we are really building some good quality, depth, and competition at the most important position in sports.  I can't remember now....does Zimmerman have 2 years left to play....or 3?  If he has 3 left they will be battling it out, along with the Boltman the next couple of years to be the starter.  

He will sit out this season and have two years of eligibility remaining. He played as a true Frosh.

Just now, UNDColorado said:

He will sit out this season and have two years of eligibility remaining. He played as a true Frosh.

Are you talking about Zimmerman?  I thought he was going to be active this year and probably be our #2, I don't think he is sitting out this year is he?? 

2 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Are you talking about Zimmerman?  I thought he was going to be active this year and probably be our #2, I don't think he is sitting out this year is he?? 

No I am talking about Sac State transfer QB Nate Ketteringham. Zimmerman is ready to go. We no have depth at QB!

Edit: I mis read and thought you were talking about Ketteringham since it was just announced he is transferring to UND.

1 minute ago, UNDColorado said:

No I am talking about Sac State transfer QB Nate Ketteringham. Zimmerman is ready to go. We no have depth at QB!

Yep I know Nate is sitting out this year, just trying to remember if Zimmerman has 2 or 3 years of eligibility left.  So Zimmerman is on roster this year, both him and Nate have two years left....18 and 19, or does Zimmerman only have two years of eligibility.....2017 and 2018. 

1 minute ago, Sioux94 said:

Yep I know Nate is sitting out this year, just trying to remember if Zimmerman has 2 or 3 years of eligibility left.  So Zimmerman is on roster this year, both him and Nate have two years left....18 and 19, or does Zimmerman only have two years of eligibility.....2017 and 2018. 

I recently read that Zimmerman has two years of eligibility left, 17 & 18. Nate would have 18 & 19. Let the competition begin.

4 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

I recently read that Zimmerman has two years of eligibility left, 17 & 18. Nate would have 18 & 19. Let the competition begin.

Ok that is what I couldn't remember, if Zimmerman had 2 or 3 years left, thanks.  Well that will work out perfect then with Nate sitting out this year and then have 18 & 19 to play. 

Was a 3 star recruit out of high school? Nice not that that really matters. Wonder how Zimmerman feels about this. Regardless, love seeing more competition brought in. Definitely sets up nicely so Boltmann won't have to start as a RS Fr or So if he doesn't have to.

What's exciting with Ketteringham is he's a proven FCS QB, starting the past two seasons and putting up ok numbers behind an atrocious OL. Great size and athleticism, we don't know his ceiling, based on the terrible teams he's been on, but we do know his floor, which is much more important. Until you see what a guy can do at this level, you don't really know (i.e. Zimmerman, Boltmann), but it's comforting having Ketteringham in the fold, who is proven. Will be exciting to see what he can do with massive talent upgrades around him at all positions. Great get by the coaching staff! 

6 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

When Zimmerman signed the Herald said 3 years.  He will be a sophomore this season...... 

That leaves us at 2018 with 3 junior QBs except my crystal ball says Heidlbaugh moves to WR or TE depending on his size and speed.  My hunch is Ketteringham isn't brought in unless he projects out as the 2018 starter, but maybe I put too much thought into that, best to see how things play out.

1 minute ago, gundy1124 said:

When Zimmerman signed the Herald said 3 years.  He will be a sophomore this season...... 

That leaves us at 2018 with 3 junior QBs except my crystal ball says Heidlbaugh moves to WR or TE depending on his size and speed.  My hunch is Ketteringham isn't brought in unless he projects out as the 2018 starter, but maybe I put too much thought into that, best to see how things play out.

What do you mean Ketteringham isn't brought in?

12 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

What do you mean Ketteringham isn't brought in?

I think he means the staff wouldn't have brought him in if they didn't think he would be starting next year. Of course, 2018 is a long way off.

• Upvote 2