Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dmksioux

2017 schedule

7 posts in this topic

"Our first home match will be against the Bison, during Potato Bowl week, so I have a feeling that we might have an okay crowd for that one at the Betty," said Pryor. "That match is always a great event for the volleyball community in the entire state, regardless of whether you support UND's Kelly Green or that other shade of green that resides a little south of us. This is also the last time that we will play them in a non-conference setting. We are looking forward to playing them home and away once we enter The Summit League in 2018. That's just a win-win for the state."

Translation: Getting one game a year was an absolute process and NDSU flat out refused to do an annual home and home each year that would have made a ton of sense for each team because their volleyball team has been a dumpster fire and they didn't want to risk getting embarrassed twice. Now the don't have a choice.

Looks like a solid home schedule, will be very interested to see what kind of gauntlet Pryor has set up for their away schedule. Guessing he isn't going to shy away from anyone. 

Nice looking home slate I suppose.  4 home d1 games vs 5 the last two years.  Not the end of the world.  OOC schedule will be exciting.

Pryor really likes to needle NDSU doesn't he :). I hope UND can lock him up for a long, long, long time.

In all seriousness, with what this team has coming back, at minimum I could see 25 wins, a BSC title and a return to the NCAAs.  If things break right maybe running the conference table or winning 30 games isn't out of the realm of possibility.

On 5/24/2017 at 11:37 AM, nodak651 said:

Nice looking home slate I suppose.  4 home d1 games vs 5 the last two years.  Not the end of the world.  OOC schedule will be exciting.

Ran into Coach Pryor the other day. Said he's excited about the away slate and they should be announced soon. Really looking forward for the chance at some payback against Ol' Miss at their house.  Also of note: said he really likes Merselli as she will be one to watch this year. Thinks she might be one of , if not THE best player that's come through UND.  I agree. For a relatively smaller package, she's got a gun for an arm and can attack from back row at will. The other Serbian, Teo, also has got a serve that is one of the toughest to handle that I've seen in a while. Excited for what is to come!